cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Locked out of email due to suspicious activity

Hello

Urgent help is sought to resolve BT’s blocking of my primary btinternet.com email account.

I’m abroad and my account is needed for personal  and work access. The costs of an international mobile call waiting on hold “for up to twenty minutes” to request a password reset is prohibitive

Access to my secondary BT email account is working correctly but that does not record all the contacts and emails I require.

As related by other posters on this forum with a similar problem, some of my security data entered is incorrect and I don’t recall the which post code I registered with many years ago.

I suspect the problem may have arisen due to using a new phone, problems loading the email inbox when on a ferry wi fi network and my current location in Spain.

I would be very grateful for help from customer support.

Note:  The email account blocked is not the email used to register on this forum.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Locked out of email due to suspicious activity

Update: 

The BT support number stated on the email site wouldn’t connect.

After two phone calls to a BT number I found on this forum (thank you poster)I finally discovered my correct security data, created a BT ID, and after some problems on iPad managed to create a new password on an Android phone.

Tried to login anew ….. “due to recent activity your account is blocked”.  Grrrr!
I’m hoping it’s a case of waiting for some system data update.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Locked out of email due to suspicious activity

If you are not already do it try logging on via a web browser rather than an email app.