Message 111 of 139

Re: Logging in to email problems

Thank you Robbie.

Now appears to be working correctly.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 139

Problem has been sorted. Now back to normal.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 113 of 139

Agree, mine seems to be working fine now with no need to change browser or turn off mcafee.

Thanks for all the help and replies.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 114 of 139

Sorry Roadrunner, but i had tried using Chrome and Edge, both still had the same problem.

Plus, i use firefox on my laptop aswell and it worked fine throughout the whole problems on my 2 x desktops

Regards

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 115 of 139

Hello Robbie Mac

Have sent you a private message last week regarding the above and would appreciate a reply. Thanks Jules

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 116 of 139

Hello Robbie

Could you reply to my question below please?   Also just to say that had the same problem with my laptop at the weekend and had to refresh firefox, I am still on Bt Yahoo mail.

I did what a person on forum suggested of refreshing firefox  and putting my add ons back on, now seems to be working, do I need to reinstall Mcafee software? if so how do i do this please? Many thanks jules

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 117 of 139

@polish wrote:

Hello Robbie Mac

Have sent you a private message last week regarding the above and would appreciate a reply. Thanks Jules

If the moderator did not "invite" you to send them a private message they do not normally reply to them. If they did they would be inundated with requests for help.

As regards your question, it is entirely up to you if you reinstall McAfee but my advice and that of others on the forum would be have nothing that has anything to do with McAfee on your computer.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 139

If McAfee was not the problem what was?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 119 of 139

Myself and two of my friends have two desktop PC's and three laptops between us and all encountered this problem, all are now working properly after refreshing Firefox. We all have BT Virus Protect which we did not touch.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 120 of 139

This sounds like the problem I raised a few weeks ago. I have noticed that when I have vpn switched on, which is sensible, BT email will not allow access. I suspect this is in fact a Yahoo problem. Yahoo security issues have been well documented and I was irritated when BT contracted out the management of email to Yahoo as I have never been a fan. I have had more difficulties, including malicious mail, which I blame on Yahoo security issues. I don't know, but I suspect Yahoo have now put in checks that prevent access when vpn is used. Certainly I have found that switching off vpn briefly, immediately gives access to my mail. I switch it back on as soon as I have access, but even this went wrong once on my Apple Mac, because for some reason there was no content shown on any of the mails downloaded. This doesn't seem to happen with my Microsoft 10 laptop.

All in all it is ridiculous that there is a need to switch off a security device to get BT email and I am in the process of moving to other mail suppliers, with a view to moving from BT when my contract expires in September.