Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Login Details

Go to solution

Now I have a BT email address I would like to change my login email to this one but I don't know how to achieve this

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Login Details

Go to solution

go to your forum account then settings then email and you can change email address there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks imjolly. Got there in the end. Don't know anything about a forum account and I certainly couldn't find anything with a "settings" button but I muddled through and have it sorted now.

Next question, if you can provide some guidance please: Everything on my email pages has a Chinese character next to it. I don't understand Mandarin and so I would like to get rid of these superfluous characters. Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @rvneal, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, is it your BT ID that you want to change?

That's a strange issue with the Chinese characters, have you tried a different web browser to see if they are showing there too?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@rvnealwrote:

Next question, if you can provide some guidance please: Everything on my email pages has a Chinese character next to it. I don't understand Mandarin and so I would like to get rid of these superfluous characters. Any ideas? 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

There have been a few posts about Chinese characters over the years, and a possible solution is to reload the page (using F5 or Ctrl-F5

Are you using IE? If so, possibly remove the temporary internet files/cache - or of course change browser if that works for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Andy_N
Neither F5 nor Ctrl F5 made any difference. Sorry, don't know what IE is? Also wouldn't know how to change browser? You're dealing with a Numpty of the first order here!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@rvneal, Which browser are you using at the moment? IE is short for Internet Explorer, do you have Google Chrome or Firefox on your computer? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Neil0

The penny dropped after a while and I realised what IE stood for. I now  check using Microsoft Edge and we've lost the Chinese characters. Thanks for everyone's help with this and my immense numptyness.

0 Ratings