cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dellb0y1
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Login Page redirection

Hi can anyone help me please, I am trying to get to the email login page," https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform" but i am being directed to: https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai.... I have been to the helpdesk who cleared history etc. but when i relaunch my browser i am being directed as above.

Thank you

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Login Page redirection

I noticed that a few days ago, as I only use webmail now and again to check for spam I just thought the login had changed. It reverted to the normal login after a couple of days. It still logs in to webmail at the re-direct.

0 Ratings
rongray276
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Me too.  Happens on Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer.

0 Ratings
Dellb0y1
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the info but it won't let me login, keeps telling me after one attemp that I've had to many failed logins and to wait 15 mins to try again. If i clear the cache i get the normal login page, but keeps reverting., yes i'm using edge, no one at the helpdesk can tell me why it is happening, The unhelp desk told me it was my browser, I'm using edge and IE11, they are using IE 9??, I was forwarded to a lady in the UK who cleared my browser. but it's still happening

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

I've deleted your duplicate posts.

Have you tried Firefox or Opera?

0 Ratings
Dellb0y1
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Cheers  Licquorice, sorry i didn't realised I'd duplicated. I used Firefox some time ago, not impressed, Chrome slowed my machine down. I'll give it a go but I would have thought a BT Network boffin or coder should be able to explain why it is happening, I am still selecting the signin 1 address, therefore it indicate a dns problem. I have changed nothing on my machine but have had a couple of MS updates 

0 Ratings
Dellb0y1
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Licquorice

I've given firefox a go, seems ok and appears faster than it was when I used it a few years ago. It would be nice if someone from BT would investigate and provide an answer after all BT Broadband is not cheap.

Thanks for your advice

0 Ratings
rongray276
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Give it time Del boy, give it time.
0 Ratings
Dellb0y1
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Cheers Rongray

It has now happened in firefox, it appears to be linked to the new BT Mail logout page. I was having trouble with the correct password and i closed and opened Firefox a few times with no problem. As soon as I logged in and then logged out to the new logout page, tried to log in again and got that redirect.

It now happens in 3 browsers, I get a bit frustrated when IT support blame your system (this because it clears a problem off of their list). Something changed within the last couple of weeks, I was in Portugal, returned then started having this issue. I find it incredulous that BT IT support in Mumbai are still using IE6, someone in BT changed something which is causing the problem, i am only irritated because the new page has no option to save username and password.

Thanks for the calming words

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

To be honest webmail is the work of the devil. You would have a much better experience by using the proper tool for the job, i.e a mail client. There are various free ones on offer such as Thunderbird, Claws Mail and eM Client. There are no ads, trackers etc and once your credentials are entered, the app just logs in and checks mail at  intervals set by the user and then logs out again all without user intervention.

0 Ratings