Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 35

Re: Login / Sync / Server issues with email

Go to solution

@NomadZero wrote:

Spoke to a nice chap called Andy who says the email address remains active as it was originally created with BT Yahoo. 

Just be careful, just because it was created with BTYahoo doesn't mean that (a) You won't have to pay for premium mail (b) That it could still be deleted at any point unless you do.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

@NomadZerowrote:

Spoke to a nice chap called Andy who says the email address remains active as it was originally created with BT Yahoo.  However, as I cannot access it, BT will need to conduct checks, which may take up to 7 days, to to see if it expired early this morning.

Thank you for the community help.

Hi. If as you say you can't access via webmail or app/client, then the account will have been set to delete. BT runs a robot every now and then, deleting unassociated accounts (i.e. no BTID or BT Premium). There's usually a few posts in these forums when this happens.

When I say set to delete, it can sometimes end up in a limbo state where the account has not been deleted yet. It is at this time the account may be resurrected, but not guaranteed.

It is not relevant whether it is BTYahoo or not - and I wouldn't personally believe what you've been told. 7 days to me is far too long and the account could be deleted well before that.

If you've not got any backup of emails (which is essential for everyone), then you could be out of luck.

I believe your best hope is if the moderators see your post and invite you to contact them. Unfortunately with the current situation, they may not have the staffing and time to respond.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution
I truly hope that is not the case. Deletion of the account would be more than a big deal as I have a great deal of email correspondence that relates to, and is needed for, ongoing legal cases. In other words, I will be in deep shi*e 😞 I will keep my fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

@NomadZerowrote:
I truly hope that is not the case. Deletion of the account would be more than a big deal as I have a great deal of email correspondence that relates to, and is needed for, ongoing legal cases. In other words, I will be in deep shi*e 😞 I will keep my fingers crossed.

I hope it can be resurrected. However if I may, if you were getting emails of that importance, did you keep any copies - like printed ones etc, or downloaded attachments? Surely that would be the thing to have done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution
Unfortunately not as the account has been reliable for more than 15 years.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution
I have also appealed for help from a Mod in a PM and hope he can assist.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

Mods don't respond to PMs, you need to be invited.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution
😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @NomadZero,

I am sorry to see that you can't get access to your email. I've sent you a private message with some info that I need from you.

I can't guarantee that we can get the email back for you, but we will do all we can to help.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution
DanielS,
Thank you very much. I have responded by PM and would appreciate any help you can offer.
TIA
0 Ratings