cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
notme2
Message 1 of 2

Login failure

For the past 2 weeks or so I keep getting locked out of email with the following web page when trying to log in to bt mail on my pc..

You're logged in to BT Yahoo

Make sure your BT Yahoo email is secure
We've detected some unusual activity on your email account, and we think it may be compromised. As a precautionary measure, please follow the steps below to ensure your account is secure.

Step 1

Download anti-virus software

The first step is to download up-to-date anti-virus software and complete a full system scan on each of your devices.

Even if you already have anti-virus software, in some instances it can fail to detect certain viruses, so its best to double check by downloading another anti-virus software. You can get further advice on our website at bt.com/secure

If you're a BT Broadband customer, you can log in to My BT to download BT NetProtect Plus. If not, we recommend downloading one of these free anti-virus software packages: McAfee Stinger, Microsoft Security Essentials or Sophos Antivirus for Mac.

Step 2

Change your BT Yahoo password

Once you are sure that all your devices are virus-free, you need to change your BT Yahoo password. Make sure you choose a strong password that you haven't used before. You can get advice on choosing a strong password.

change passwordStep 3

You're now ready to log in to BT Yahoo using your new password.

Log back into BT Yahoo!Step 4

Update your password on your email client and/or devices

If you use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail, you will need to update your password. You'll also need to update your password on any mobile or tablet devices which you use to check your BT Yahoo Mail.

Get help with updating your password at www.bt.com/emailsetup

I first notice it when my Outlook fails to deliver messages so I log in via the web and get the above page.

The change password link does not work so I have to change via the forgotton password process.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to do this. I've checked for viruses etc. but still it goes on.

Anybody else having this problem ?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Login failure

Hi notme2, 

Thanks for your post. 

Are you still having problems with your email account? If so post back and let me know. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings