Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kittykatjo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Login woes

Go to solution

Went to check my emails this morning on my iPad to see that they hadn’t been updated but there was an email with “unexpected sign in attempts” at 01.23 this morning. That definitely wasn’t me as I was asleep! My iPad said I needed to enter my password in setting but when I did this I was then taken to a bt sign in page to enter my email address & password, I’ve never had to do this before. I completed that but whether I use my talk21 password or my bt password I either get unable to log in, check your password or Uh oh something went wrong, try later. I tried deleting the email account from my iPad & then adding the account but it won’t add, it’s still taking me to the double log in & the bot one won’t accept it. Same on my iPhone but I haven’t deleted that one. The only way I can get on is via a browser, I still haven’t managed to find the activity log to check the attempted sign on. I just want my email back. Help!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Login woes

Go to solution

@Kittykatjowrote:

Went to check my emails this morning on my iPad to see that they hadn’t been updated but there was an email with “unexpected sign in attempts” at 01.23 this morning. That definitely wasn’t me as I was asleep! My iPad said I needed to enter my password in setting but when I did this I was then taken to a bt sign in page to enter my email address & password, I’ve never had to do this before. I completed that but whether I use my talk21 password or my bt password I either get unable to log in, check your password or Uh oh something went wrong, try later. I tried deleting the email account from my iPad & then adding the account but it won’t add, it’s still taking me to the double log in & the bot one won’t accept it. Same on my iPhone but I haven’t deleted that one. The only way I can get on is via a browser, I still haven’t managed to find the activity log to check the attempted sign on. I just want my email back. Help!

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The email you received sounds like a scam ... especially if it said click "this link". Even so, a sign-in attempt doesn't mean anyone got in.

However, changing password doesn't always sync between webmail and app/client access. So you could try the old password with the iPad - and when setting up the account, make sure you choose "Other" if is says to pick account type.

I suggest changing the password through the correct page, since you may have inadvertantly entered the password in a dodgy site.