cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmoore123
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Looks like bt are blocking emails from microsoft servers error - 544 Message rejected

this is now the 2nd time ive had this issue, both have been when trying to reply to an email from someone who uses a btinternet email,  from 1 of my microsft emails (first case was a @hotmail.com second was an @outlook.com).

instead of the email actually sending i get an error back of "rgin16.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk rejected your message to the following email addresses" some bs about get them to add me to their allowed senders list (which i dont believe would actually make a difference, as this is bts mailserver rejecting the email, not it going to the persons spam/junk folder) and then says "rgin16.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk gave this error:
Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 Message rejected on 2018/08/14 22:41:04 BST, policy (3.2.1.1) ??? Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender
"

"rgin16.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk
Remote Server returned '550 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 Message rejected on 2018/08/14 22:41:04 BST, policy (3.2.1.1) ??? Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender' "

I can remove the possiblity of it being the content of the email which caused the issue, as in both cases i switched to a custom domain gmail account i have and sent the exact same message fine.

It also seems very unlikely that my 2 microsoft email accounts have both been marked as spam (i barely send any emails from them anyway)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Looks like bt are blocking emails from microsoft servers error - 544 Message rejected

Hi, welcome to the forums.

It's actually nothing to do with your email accounts, it's the terrible BT email systems and the way it seems to deal with some types of email.

Although the message implies it's to do with bulk sending, your post says it is simply a reply to an email.

BT deny that the issue is theirs and continue to bury their heads in the sand on this topic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rmoore123
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Looks like bt are blocking emails from microsoft servers error - 544 Message rejected

I was fairly sure it wasnt just my accounts.

Was just trying to cover off any of the expected reasons for it not being bts fault.

I think it being a reply could have something to do with it, but the general issue is bts servers are refusing to accept emails which there is no good reason for blocking

0 Ratings