cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMBMant
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Lost Contacts after email migration

Since the migration from Yahoo I appear to have lost many of my contacts. I see people reporting this problem in threads dating back to May, but cannot see where a moderator has offered a successful solution.

I access my email account via webmail. In many cases the contact name shows but the email address is missing. (It also doesn't autocomplete)

I have a small number of contacts, definitely well below 3000 so it's not a size issue. 

I'd appreciate a response from a moderator.

Thanks, 

CMB

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lost Contacts after email migration

did you read this post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

auto complete was not carried over to new email as covered by other posts  you need to set auto save email addresses to start populating your auto complete 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CMBMant
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for responding, but the issue here is not autocomplete, but a loss of the contact details altogether. If I click on contacts, many of them show a name only - no corresponding email address seems to be there. 

Loss of people's email addresses would be frustrating at any time, but as my husband has recently died, it is particularly problematic as there are many friends I want to contact whose email addresses appear to be deleted from my contacts. 

I have read the migrations update, and it suggests that BT are dealing with people who've lost contacts on an individual basis (see below). I would appreciate advice on how to get this advice, as I still hold hope that the addresses have not been deleted and are on a server somewhere. 

• Loss of contacts – You have told us that after you have been migrated to the new platform, you have noticed that some of your contacts have been lost.  There is no, known problem, which would cause this issue, but we would very much like to help anyone who finds themselves in this situation.  If you have lost contacts since the migration, please create your own thread here on Community and we will reach out to help further

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help. They will post here but are busy so could be a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DanielS
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for reaching out to me @imjolly.

I've sent @CMBMant a private message so we can get this looked into.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings