cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewStenson
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Lost Contacts in New BT Mail

Like many other people, both my wife and I have lost most of our e-mail contacts as a result of the new BT Mail system.  Few contacts remain, some have their name but no e-mail address, some are showing from many years ago. Also, I have lost my newer e-mail groups with a group created in 2018 the last one I can see. This is causing me tremendous difficulties as it's proving very difficult to recreate the group contact lists.

We are using the correct web address (www.bt.com/email) and this problem is both encountered on the web based platform as well as our mobile device e-mail app.

This situation is not acceptable, especially as we are paying £7.50 a month for this premium mail system!

As BT have stated on a previous thread that loss of contacts is not a know issue (??!!), please take up this case for myself and my wife.

8 REPLIES 8
JohnC2
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lost Contacts in New BT Mail

Hi @AndrewStenson  welcome to the forum and sorry you have lost your contacts. They should still be available on webmail so sorry they are not showing. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Mum2Emma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Can you do the same for me then please before I have to start adding my addresses 1 by 1 and also is there no longer a way to add email address from a new email  recipient automatically ! This is a really bad situation and I am amazing BT have not just put their hands up and admit it is just not working!

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Mum2Emma,

I am sorry to hear that you can't access your contacts.

Are you logging in through the website or on our app?

Can you see any Contacts within the Contacts section of our webpage?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Mum2Emma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I login via the BT website. In 'Contacts' I can see :
some contacts with just the contact name, some contacts names that I can click on the name but there is no email address associated with it, some contacts have the email address on show with their name in the same box! Some Contact have two of the above results & some contacts are duplicated up to 4 times!
0 Ratings
seasiderSue
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I have the same problem. The migration has left a random 13 contacts only. Some names only, some with email addresses. Some recent, some old contacts. There is one is one with a name & email address that I do not recognise at all. 

I can't believe that this has happened & cannot be rectified.

Please help

0 Ratings
JSB241
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi, I have just had the 'upgrade' and all my contacts from MS Outlook on my desktop PC have disappeared. The ones on the web BT client are from years ago (I manage all my email via Outlook). The upgrade was completed online by a BT advisor but she was unable to tell me how to keep my contacts and once she had completed the set-up the contacts folder was empty. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
stephenbrae
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I also have lost all my contacts and prompts for addressing new emails. What do I have to do to retrieve the situation, This really isn't very good .

Thank you for any help

Stephen Rae

0 Ratings
seasiderSue
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Can you tell me if the Moderators are looking in to this further please

0 Ratings