cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Lost Inbox and Sent Items e-mails

If you still have your old laptop it might be worth checking if Outlook was using POP or IMAP to get your emails. If it is set to POP  all your emails should be in a.pst file somewhere on the laptop. I can't remember where but someone else here may know. If it was POP i think there was a setting to either Leave a copy on the server or delete server copy. 

I haven't used Outlook for years so Don't know if this helps at all.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Can only speak for myself

So will repeat what I said earlier, e-mails definitely not set to delete on server on old or new laptop and the evidence visible now demonstrates this - see earlier post(s).

Old laptop was killed by squash (vegetable), when switched off (before the squash gets accused of deleting e-mails as well.... ) otherwise I would have already accessed the e-mails that way and would not have bought a new laptop. I will be sending the old laptop for advanced data recovery so may recover that way gven theat BT have managed to delete all my sent items and all but approx. 1 week's worth of Inbox items. Am deeply unimpressed.

I will find a way to make a direct customer complaint on this matter, have been a customer for over 13 years and when I needed the BT server to be a reliable back-up - it failed. And the response instead has been to suggest that I had deleted them myself deliberately or unknowingly (repeatedly), despite me explaining why this was impossible given the evidence.

The forum has labelled me a 'beginner' because I have not posted here before - it doesn't mean I am clueless about all IT matters!

Am sure you all mean well but I only posted here because moderators had responded to other posts (multiple) previously about unexplained e-mail disappearance and recovered the e-mails. I guess there are just too many other problems right now - & I don't mean the UK or world in general ;)!

Message 13 of 16

The moderators did respond to you in message 3.

Nobody has said/ suggested you deleted the emails intentionally or unintentionally.

You were asked about your email client in an effort to try and diagnose/ establish what could have caused the problem.

It has been found in the past that the deletions have been caused by email clients.

As my response has not met your expectations I will bow out of this thread.

Please keel the thread updated with how you get on trying to recover your emails.  

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

sorry I was offline couple of days... to continue; I noticed that all the "sent" emails which I had moved to my respective folders are intact. Only the ones in "sent" have disappeared post ~mid Oct. I suspect some kind of purge happened from BT side. Again... I use only browser and iphone "mail" to access emails. I dont download using Outlook et al. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Hi, should I hope for any response, some kind of investigation after BT looks at server or activity log files etc. Or just accepted that my "sent" email are permanently purged and beyond recovery?

Because this is scary, what if tomorrow emails from my folder get purged!?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Hi Helen, I had the same problem last year, lost 10 years of sent items - I went to BT and they said I had deleted 30,000 of work emails - like you wouldn't notice that. I managed data recovery on an old laptop for a few years but I now realise back up of emails myself is the only way. Hope you get on ok, all the best:)
0 Ratings