Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manz801
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Lost all contacts on iPhone

Go to solution

Hi gg30340

I have the exact same problem as described by Ange08 (except that my wife got the email from BT and I was the one who deleted her BT Yahoo account on her iPhone as instructed and set up the new one under btinternet). I can see the contacts  are still on the BTMail account on the BT servers and have exported them from BTMail to .csv and .vcard files but how do I now "import" them to my wife's iPhone  email app's contacts folder please?

A separate aspect is that so far we haven't deleted her Yahoo BT account on her iPad and the contacts list is still intact there (with some entries that aren't included on the BT server) but  it is now impossible to log into BT Yahoo to get them off. Is there a way to do that?

We're exasperated that BT have issued instructions that have allowed this situation to occur. Several hours of investigation by ourselves and two long online chats with BT support have failed to resolve the problem and currently all the Notes (and WhatsApp) messages on my wife's iPhone show no names against them, making them virtually unusable.  

Thanks for any clarification you can give on the import question.

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lost all contacts on iPhone

Go to solution

Have a look at this link about synchronising contacts.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/we-ve-updated-your-email

Manz801
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lost all contacts on iPhone

Go to solution

Many thanks - it worked!

I've actually tried this twice before unsuccessfully. The article doesn't actually mention how to create a CardDAV file, so I assume my first attempt failed because the file didn't exist to import. BT Support gave me a link for how to export the file but then I believe I must have mistakenly set up the new account on the iPhone as CalDAV but using card.btinternet.com for the server name (see screen shot below). Hence still no contacts were imported. 

Working through the link after you'd sent it again, I think I must finally have got all the ducks in a row, so many thanks again (especially from my wife!) for that. 

IMG_2507.jpg

0 Ratings