cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Lost android email connection after BT password change

Had to change my BT password yesterday and somehow now I can't download or send emails from my android phone. Emails work OK on my laptop. I did change change BT password on the phone. Has anybody any idea what else I can try?

Any help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lost android email connection after BT password change

have you tried deleting BT email from your phone and then setting it up again from the start?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks imjolly - thought about this but will I lose emails downloaded to phone?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you have your phone's email app set up as an IMAP account, this replicates what is on the BT servers so your emails should still be on the server and will not be deleted if you delete the email account from your phone.

If you have your phone's email app set up as a POP3 account your emails will be "deleted" although the folder they are stored in may still be accessible if you know where to find it on the phone.

This might not be a problem if all your emails are still on the BT server as they will just download again when you set up the email app again.

If the emails are not on the server, they are lost unless as I have previously mentioned you can find the folder they are stored in.

In any event you are best to log onto your BT email account via a web browser (webmail) and check that the emails you want to keep are still there before doing anything. 

It might be worth changing your password again and this time wait at least one hour before trying to change it on the phone. This gives the servers time to synchronise the password.

0 Ratings