cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael27
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Lost contact associated with email address

had to delete and reinstall my email account because someone may have hacked it. I reload my account with a new password and when I went into settings/password& accounts my email does not show the ability to turn on contacts or calendars or notes or reminders. I have lost most of my contacts on my phone (I also have an iCloud email account and the contacts on my phone are picking up contacts from iCloud) the vast majority of all my contacts have disappeared, presumably because my Btinternet.com account is not allowing contacts onto my phone or tablet. I went to an apple shop and the man there had no idea what was wrong, he said it was a Btinternet.com problem not an apple problem. Help please.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lost contact associated with email address

Were your contacts saved on your phone/sim card?

Are your contacts saved in your BT email account, can you see them when you log on to your BT email account.

BT Email  

0 Ratings
Michael27
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

It would appear not

0 Ratings
Michael27
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Not sure how you mean “you can see when you logon to your BT mail account. If I go into settings and then contacts  and then Default account all my email accounts option are there except my Btinternet.com account!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Did you try logging onto your email account via the BT Email link I posted in message 2 and if you can did you check to see if your contacts are there?

Can you clarify exactly what you have done when you deleted the account.

Did you delete your email account from your phone's email app or did you delete your email account from your BT account.

If you only deleted it from the phone's email app, it means the account was not actually deleted, it would still be available to be used from your BT account, however if you deleted from your BT account it means that it has been deleted and is gone. 

If you have deleted it from your BT account you will need to follow this link in order to recover it.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-

0 Ratings
Michael27
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Ok. I have logged into my btinternet.com email account as you suggested and all my old contacts are there. They are under mail.yahoo.com. Ok, if I try to set up my email address on my phone under yahoo and enter a btinternet. com mail account the BT account won’t let me. Can I somehow add a contacts and calendars to my email account in my iPhone from settings. 

As you may have correctly guessed I am a techno nerd and don’t really understand half of what I am reading or doing. Your help is therefore greatly appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Which app are you using on your iPhone?

If you log onto your BT email account using the link I suggested and open the contacts you should export them as a CSV file to a folder which you can keep as a backup in case you need to restore them if all else fails.

Once you have set up your email account you can the "Import" the CSV file into your contacts on your phone.

When you set up your email account on your phone you will need to use the BT server settings that are on this link. The Yahoo ones are not the correct ones for a BT email address.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

You are best to use the "other" option and enter the required details manually rather than letting the phone set it up automatically.

0 Ratings