Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Lost email address

Go to solution

I have recently selected BT as my broadband again. Last year I left BT after 40 odd years because the prices were rising and rising. I went to john-lewis.com......and found it a shambles I had to connect thier router eqach day to my smart TV and the customer service was...... however I'm not here to talk johnlewis. 

After connecting to BT this time I found that my old email address was not working (I had been using it for the past year on johnlewis with no problem). My secondary BT addresss was working fine but they said my primary one had been deleted but I had been using it right up to the change over. Now I would like it back or I will have lost all my 40 years of friends email addresses. (which reminds me to back up my email addresses in future.. . !!)

Sorry for the long post but thats me .....the more words the better..!!

Please can anyone advise me how to get my old email address back? ....... Thanks

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Lost email address

Go to solution

if you were using the address it might be possible to retrieve but BT do delete email addresses if you are no longer a customer and don't purchase premium email

i have asked a forum mod to check it for you. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JohnC2
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Tatcho Welcome back to BT and thanks for your post about your email address.

What @imjolly says is correct and we will be happy to check to see if we can get your email address back for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. check here
https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Tatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Can I ask how you are getting on with finding my lost email address...******@btopenworld.com

Thanks

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

@Tatchowrote:

Can I ask how you are getting on with finding my lost email address.#

Thanks

Please edit your post to remove your email address, these are public forums.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Tatcho I can't see anything in our queue from you.  Did you reply to @JohnC2's Private Message

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Tatcho 

Please check your private messages as I sent the message on the 09.02.19 at 8.15am. If you have accidentally deleted it please post back and let me know and I will send it again.
You can check your messages at https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Tatcho
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

I think I'll give up with this.....all I'm getting now is...... "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later".

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@Tatcho there should be no limit on that, can you try logging out of the community clear your cookies and cache and reply try to reply on the private message I have just sent.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for replying to our message.

One of the team will be in touch with you over the next couple of days.

DanielS

0 Ratings