Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Lost email folders

Go to solution
That tells me to choose pop is that right?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

No. Choose IMAP.

If you need to enter other setting the correct ones are here

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Thank you everyone that has helped I think you have all sorted it for me  🤞 much appreciated. Easy when you know how 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Shouldn’t have spoken too soon. All my folders are back but just tried to send an email and it is being held in my outbox which was my original problem. Any ideas before I start messing things up again 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

It is a BT server problem which has been going on for some time and the best advice when it happens is to do nothing, especially do not change passwords or delete the account from your phone as that can cause more problems than it solves as you have found out.

The first thing to do when it happens is check to see if you can log on to your email account via a web browser. If you can there is obviously nothing wrong with your password or account hence the advice to do nothing.

If the problem did not resolve its self after a day or two or in your instance where you have deleted the email account from your device you should stop your iPhone and any other devices from checking for email. The easiest way to do that is turn your phone off.

Once you have done that, change your email password and check that you can access your email via webmail (on a browser).

If that works you should wait at least 30 minutes to an hour and then add the new password to your iPhone and again check it works. 

If the above does not resolve the problem, when you change your BT password on an iPhone/iPad/Apple device it may only change for INCOMING mail.

To change the outgoing mail password you have to go into Settings; then scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From there select the BT email account and select the account where it is listed under IMAP.

You will find the details for the account and can change the password for the Incoming server there, the outgoing mail server only shows SMTP and mail.btinternet.com You have to tap on that Primary Server in order to find where the Outgoing password is hidden so you can update it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Think I might leave that for a day or two as just come out of hospital and not up to that just now. I actually thought that the problem yesterday was due to the hospital WiFi which is very hit and miss.  Thank you for your assistance 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

No problem. Post back if you need any further help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Took everyone’s advice and switched phone off for 8 hours and it seems to have done the trick. Thank you to everyone that helped me resolve the problem 

0 Ratings