Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rustyk10
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Lost emails

Not sure whether this qyery should be here or under e-mail - it doesn't fit any of the suggested queries.  Suddently all my emails disappeared.  They are still around as I can retrieve them using the search facility but this is rather inconvenient.  E-mails since yesterday now show but all the earlier ones are sitll missing.  Where might I find them please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
WishFairy
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lost emails

I see that no-one has responded to your post yet. I have exactly the same issue. I noticed it only this week. All my e-mails from before 1/3/2011 have disappeared.

I don't have any issues sending or receiving new ones.

I do have a sub-account and they are not missing any e-mails from prior to this date.

I did not delete them myself

0 Ratings
John1952
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hello

I'm not too sure if you will pick this up as your query goes back some months.

If you do type in my name JOHN1952 into the search box and look at some of my comments about the same problem I have had and how I resolved this.

John

0 Ratings
Pilbo
Message 4 of 5

Today I trandfered from Orange to BT, I noticed that whilst I could receive emails I couldn't send any. Ah! I thought I will call the helpline. A very helpful and courteous gentleman took remote control of my PC and after about 40 minutes I could send and receive emails (I retained my email address from wanadoo). Thank you I said and bid him goodnight as it was almost 10pm in Mumbai. I then looked at my email account and noticed every email had been erased from my inbox, sent, drafts, deletions .....5 years worth.

I phoned helpline again .....contact Orange they said.

I phoned Orange....nothing we can do....speak to BT

I phoned BT again...cut off

Bt again....contact Orange....said politely "no point they can't help"

As my livelyhood relies upon my emails can anyone suggest where I might retrieve them from.

I use Windows Livemail 2011

Pilbo

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Pilbo wrote:

Today I trandfered from Orange to BT, I noticed that whilst I could receive emails I couldn't send any. Ah! I thought I will call the helpline. A very helpful and courteous gentleman took remote control of my PC and after about 40 minutes I could send and receive emails (I retained my email address from wanadoo). Thank you I said and bid him goodnight as it was almost 10pm in Mumbai. I then looked at my email account and noticed every email had been erased from my inbox, sent, drafts, deletions .....5 years worth.

I phoned helpline again .....contact Orange they said.

I phoned Orange....nothing we can do....speak to BT

I phoned BT again...cut off

Bt again....contact Orange....said politely "no point they can't help"

As my livelyhood relies upon my emails can anyone suggest where I might retrieve them from.

I use Windows Livemail 2011

Pilbo

Pilbo,

I suggest you raise this as a new thread headed "BT Helpdesk may have lost my Emails" as your problem is different from the others in this thread.

It would be helpful if you could tell us anything about what BT Support appeared to do to your PC. 

Also if you look in your recycle bin is there any files that look email related. Make sure that you do not empty your recycle bin. Please reply in a new thread as otherwise your query may be ignored.