Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jordi1862
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Lost emails

Hi,

All my inbox messages have gone missing. I still have sent messages and archive messages.

This happened today. Can the messages be recovered ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ianm2
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lost emails

I've just had the same thing happen and when I searched for solutions it suggested checking the settings on my email account to see if the server is IMAP or POP3. But when I opened the settings there was not option to check that.

How do I sort this out?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 7

@jordi1862 and @ianm2 thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to see your emails are not where you expected them to be. Are the emails there if you log in to www.bt.com/email also do you use any other devices or email programmes to access your device? 

I'd recommend checking all the devices that you use to access your emails to see if they have downloaded and deleted them from the server.

Once the emails are gone from the BT email servers there is no way to get these back as we can't keep a copy of deleted emails.

Some of my emails are missing.

Thanks 
Neil

0 Ratings
jordi1862
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi Niel,

All the devices I use for emails, iPad,iphone,laptop have lost the inbox messages.

It just happened, they were there earlier today and next time I logged in they were gone !

0 Ratings
ianm2
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I've just checked my account via my android phone and my emails are still missing....

I still can't work out how to check the server as to whether it is IMAP or POP3..

NOT happy! It seems that BT have shrugged their shoulders to other people who have flagged this up. Not good enough!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@ianm2 wrote:

I still can't work out how to check the server as to whether it is IMAP or POP3..

If you are using the generic Android email app you need to open the app then go to the settings by clicking on the "cog" icon at the top then scroll down to the "Advance Settings" > Server Settings and scroll down to the "Incoming Server". It will show if you have a POP3 account or an IMAP account.

0 Ratings
Marieally
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

The same happened to my account also. Can anyone explain why this is happening? We are waiting for someone to get back to us. How can emails just go missing!?

0 Ratings