cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Lost entire 'sent' history from email account - any way of getting it back?

Go to solution

I have noticed today that all my sent history dated before the 29th November 21 has disappeared from my email account.

Why has this happened?

Is there a way of getting it back?

I generally use the web version to access bt email but had recently installed the app on my tablet.

I would really like to get the info back as its a number of years worth.

Thanks for any help.

DC

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lost entire 'sent' history from email account - any way of getting it back?

Go to solution

Is your tablet an Apple device by any chance?

Have you checked to see if the deleted sent items are in your deleted/trash folder, check both webmail and any delete/trash folder that may be on your tablet.

If the items are not in the deleted/trash folder it is very unlikely that you will be able to recover them.

Its a bit late know but in future you should create a folder in your "My Folders" section and move your sent email there at  least once a week or which ever time scale suits you.

EDIT: see a couple of other threads about it:-

Sent emails disappearing. - BT Community

ALL emails deleted/disappeared from BT email SENT ... - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lost entire 'sent' history from email account - any way of getting it back?

Go to solution

Thank you for the reply.

It's a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

I've had a look in the trash/deleted folders and the sent messages weren't there. 

It's a good tip to move them to a created folder - I'll definitely start doing that. Thanks.

I also spoke to the bt email support team and although helpful in checking some things, they ended up with the same conclusion that I won't be able to get them back. The operator I spoke to said they would raise a complaint for me to highlight the issue.

Cheers,

DC

0 Ratings