Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 15

Lost password on email sub account

Go to solution

I've searched theforum - lots of people ask thesame question but no one seems to have a solution.  I have an email subacount for which I need to change the password as i have forgotten thecurrent one.  I can see my list of sub accounts, inclusing this one, marked Active, but when I try to change the pw it takes me round to changing my main email account password.

Any ideas that work?

Geoff

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Lost password on email sub account

Go to solution

Have you used the "forgtten password" link on the email log on page?

You can try using this link. It is for BTYahoo but it may work with BTMail. If you are asked for security questions you must give the answers for the main/primary email account.

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

@gg30340Thanks,  That seems to require me to know the password of the account I wish to change - which I don't. I can work the account as I use Outlook 2013 which has stored the pw - but there is no way to see what it is.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

If you look at the link I posted you will see under the "current password" box there is a link to "I have forgotten my password". Use that.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@gg30340  Thanks again - Yahoo doesn't recognise the address - that suggests the link works only with Yahoo stuff. I was migrated all those years ago to BT Mail.

Geoff

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

I'll just delete it and make  new address - except it annoys me that I can't do it.

Geoff

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

It's up to you if you want to delete it or if you want I could ask a moderator to see if they can help?

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@gg30340 To be honest, I would like to know how to change the pasword for a subaccount - it ought to be possible.  But I think this has been asked before and I see no solved answers.

Geoff

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@gg30340Thanks.

Geoff

0 Ratings