Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com - Failure Notice?

Hi all.

In the last week, I am getting "failure to deliver" notices for different recipients emails that where not sent by me!  I get about 3 - 4 a day now.  What has happened?  See below for example:

Received: from localhost (jolo0924@201.156.xxx.xxx with login)       

by smtp146.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with SMTP; 15 Dec 2012 16:28:51 +0000 GMT
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:00:53 -0700 (PDT)
<jxxxxxxx@btinternet.com>
Subject:
tom
To: "tom.farmer@earthlink.net" <tom.farmer@earthlink.net>

http://univetkinlik.com/atmosphereexaggeratejonathanlewis

Thanks

Jolo0924
Distinguished Sage

Re: MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com - Failure Notice?

[ Edited ]

This may explain it.

Receiving mail not addressed to you?

It also applies to failure messages, its just spammers faking your e-mail address.

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Contributor

Thank's for the quick reply.  So quite common I suppose.

Jolo0924
Distinguished Sage

Yes, Andy_N is the forum expert on this subject Smiley Wink

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks