cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

MS Outlook 365 not syncing with personal emails accounts

I may not explain this clearly but I have MS 365 installed on my laptop, a Surface Pro4 running latest Win10.

My three email accounts are there on Outlook on that laptop and whilst the outlook email account is receiving & sending, the btinternet dot com one isn’t syncing with the server along with the yahoo dot com account.

There has been some media coverage about an Microsoft outage but these reports are hard to track down until I searched again this morning and found a reference to an outage with BT Mail yesterday (Friday 10 Feb 2023) on the Sun’s website of all places. Doesn’t go into much detail and doesn’t mentioned any other email server but does explain exactly what I am experiencing, unabale to send or receive from my desktop application but all is okay on my android phone.

BT Mail fixed after outage prevented users from logging into emails | The Sun

Called BT help desk yesterday and they haven’t heard of this outage, even though the article goes on to say “BT’s own website was open about the problem, saying the outage related to logging on via BT's webmail site.

Anyone here know of this so called outage at MS and can enlighten me with how to sync both my BT & Yahoo accounts please? For the record, this is it not the first time in recent weeks that something like this has occurred, the last time a MS update was to blame and when workaround was to go to Task Manager and clear the outlook task that was running. All beyond me as I am not a techie and don’t easily understand.  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: MS Outlook 365 not syncing with personal emails accounts

Not getting anywhere in resolving this - any ideas please?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: MS Outlook 365 not syncing with personal emails accounts

Is your Outlook 365 up to date. 

Office 365 has monthly updates, usually the last week of the month. These do not come automatically, and you must check for updates, from within Office 365. (Go to account - updates).

A warning will come to close 365 programs during updates, (save work before closing).

This process will, at least, eliminate that possibility.

0 Ratings