Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
miqs
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Mac mail: Accounts Yahoo IMAP - why?

I am using Mac mail. As BT is now divorced from Yahoo, and all my email addresses are registered with BT,  why do all my email accounts still show as Yahoo! IMAP on my accounts window as below?

Yahoo IMAP.jpg

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Mac mail: Accounts Yahoo IMAP - why?

You may still be with BTYahoo. Not every customer has been migrated to BTMail.

Use this link to check what system you are on.

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

You should also check that you are using the correct settings.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917

0 Ratings
miqs
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Thanks. I migrated some weeks ago. I have 5 email addresses. 3 have the outgoing server as btinternet.com. The other 2 have it marked as mail.btinternet.com:user@btinternet.com but all are headed as Yahoo! IMAP. All are working ok but the header is annoying when I'm a btinternet user NOT Yahoo. I have read many web pages re setting up and migrating but still no answer. Any further advice please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

I guess its just a leftover from the original setup. I'm sure if you delete the accounts and re-create them the problem will go away. Not sure how the accounts with just btinternet.com as a server name are working, probably using one of the other accounts to send with. If you do delete them, set the accounts up again manually rather than letting a wizard configure them.

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 16

Hi miqs,

I use POP on Mac Mail and was migrated almost a year ago, but the BTMail POP servers still identify themselves as YAHOO POP. I guess its just a left-over from the YAHOO stuff. Maybe one day somebody will spot it and tidy it up. It makes no difference to the functionality, so I would not worry.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 6 of 16

Mine is exactly the same on Mac Mail.

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 16

Afterthought . . . the accounts still say YAHOO if you install them now. Just done so on my wife's new iMac . . .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Did you set the account up using the wizard or manually?

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 16

When you set up Apple Mail on a Mac, you are offered a series of choices for the type of mail account:

Screen 1.jpg

The only appropriate choice for BTMail is Add Other Mail Account. If you choose this and then continue through the screens presented the wizard automatically sets up IMAP accounts.

If you want a POP account or you want to manually configure an IMAP acount, you interrupt the wizard after filling in the first screen by pressing the Alt key when you are offered the Create button.

Proceeding with any of the options yields an account that labels itself YAHOO. It may be something buried in Mail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Strange things these Macs!!! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Ratings