cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Mail App on Windows 10

I stopped using the Mail App on my laptop when BT Yahoo mail changed to BT mail as I didn't know how to change it over.Recently I changed the servers to mail.btinternet.com in the App and clicked reset.The Mail App Inbox is now showing what was in my webmail Inbox shortly before I clicked reset,but no new e mails show in the Mail App Inbox.Is there anything I can do to get them to show?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mail App on Windows 10

Have a look at the mailbox sync settings for the account.  Sounds like you just need to change the Download New Content setting.  Here's mine for my Gmail account - I don't use BT email-

Earthling_0-1632164818490.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi Earthling,

I don't have an option for "as items arrive" and so I changed the settings from "every 2 hours" to  " every 15 minutes" but that didn't make any difference.I also tried changing the sync setting to "manual" and clicking on refresh in the Inbox,but nothing happened.Thanks for the advice anyway.

Jacqueline  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Perhaps try removing the BT email address from the W10 Mail App and reinstalling the BT email address.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks.I think I'll just stick to going on to the BT page at the moment to view my mail, in case something else goes wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

😀

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Try using a different email client/app such as Thunderbird or BlueMail.

They are both easily set up using the settings in this link.

What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I do have a btinternet email account but have not previously been using it, so I've been testing it today.  I sent a couple of messages and neither appeared in the W10 Mail App Inbox but I then found them in Spam!  Could that be your problem too?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for the advice.I think I'll leave that at the moment,as I'm still getting in to my Inbox via the BT web page,and I'm no good with technology.🤔

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

No, nothing in the spam,unfortunately.

0 Ratings