cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 58

Re: Mail bounced back with "550 spam, or phishing or malware."

Hi all,

I'm not sure about anyone else, but since around 11am I have been able to send emails successfully using Outlook. I am no longer receiving the 'undeliverable: 550 spam' error message.

I will keep an eye on things and let you know if this starts to occur again. This problem had been ongoing since the 23rd September.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 58

Hi 

I'm having the exact same issue when trying to send email.

"550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again"

I have tried forwarding the email without success. I have removed any links to websites in my email and still won't send.

What is going on and how can we get this resolved ASAP as i need to send email as part of my business.

This is very frustrating.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 58

@phunt110 I'm sorry to see you're having difficulties sending emails, do they send if you log in to webmail at www.bt.com/email  

We'll be happy to raise a case with our email team to get this investigated and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 58

I'm having a problem that seems similar but not identical to those already described in this thread.   If I include a link to a particular website (which happens to be my own club's website hosted by Wix.com) in an email, I am unable to send it in either Outlook or BT webmail - it bounces back with an error 550.  However, I can forward the same email without an error, and I can send emails with other links without an error.  This has only been happening since 26 September 2021 - before then, I could include exactly the same link without any problems.  Any idea why the BT mail filter has apparently taken exception to my club's website?  It's causing me a real headache! Hope you can help.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 58

I have the same.

I have rules set up on Outlook to forward selected mail to my other email account. However for the last few days this forwarding has failed with a 550 error. Webmail is not an option.

Wanna know the silly thing? The links that BT are triggering on are pointing to government Cyber and Online safety advice... 

😞

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 58

Hi @Andy-Lake and @AEvans,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see that you are both getting the same error message.

I've sent a private message to you both separately. Please, reply back when you can and we will get this checked.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 58

Hi Daniel

No Private Message received. This has been an issue for over a week now

David

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 58

Hi All, and sorry for the inconvenience.

We worked with our spam engine providers to adjust some rules which were triggering emails as spam so hopefully everyone is back to normal now.

If not, please do comment and a moderator will be in touch!

Message 29 of 58

For about a week, I have had the same frustrating problem using Outlook, or BT Mail, with messages from System Administrator stating emails are Undeliverable "The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:" .... "550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. "

Typically HTML, a reply message needs to be edited and resent deleting all of my Outlook signatures from my previous emails in the chain, and to use a new signature.  My previous Outlook signature is years old, and has never caused any issues.  This edit does not guarantee that the email will  be delivered, as editing of other text with uncommon fonts may have to be deleted as well.  

I can use a non-BT account with the same email without any problem

This is to let the Moderator know that this BT Mail problem has not been resolved yet and it is not clear what actions are underway or may be needed to resolve this.  

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 58

Hello Daniel 

likewise receiving the message  -

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-1-2) ID (613A901C0C46B39C)

lots of people reporting - why can't bt support team resond?

R

0 Ratings