Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 31

Re: Mail checker reporting on BTMail when on BT Yahoo mail

@vofsanity2 wrote:

Still reporting mine incorrectly. Otherwise email is performing as usual.

Can we have a moderator update on this "alleged" known problem please.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

Hi @vofsanity2,

I'm sorry but there are no updates on this yet. We will of course let you know as soon as we have anything.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 31

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @vofsanity2,

I'm sorry but there are no updates on this yet. We will of course let you know as soon as we have anything.

Cheers

David

I can update this.  The mail checker now says it cannot check what type of account I have and suggests an alternative way of finding out.  This may be progress.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 31

The simplest method is to log on to webmail and see if there is any Yahoo branding.

vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 31

I think I am getting an idea what is happening here.

My BTID is totally separate from my email system.

My BT Yahoo email addresses are (or at least were)  managed by  my Primary Email address.

I still need to check this is still the case.

BT have not taken this into account and have put an Manage BT Yahoo email Button in My extras in my account.

They have then incorrectly assumed that it is a BT Mail email system (partly) and hence the checker was reporting my emails as BT Mail. (I think I may have a BT Mail like interface to manage them. Still need to check this.)

They have now changed this to say they cannot check what system these emails are on. Progress ???

The reason why BT Yahoo account holders are getting different results goes back to when they got their BT Yahoo email accounts as the handling of the accounts and BT ID  changed after I got mine.

Further investigation is required.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 31

@vofsanity2 wrote:

I think I am getting an idea what is happening here.

My BTID is totally separate from my email system.

My BT Yahoo email addresses are (or at least were)  managed by  my Primary Email address.

I still need to check this is still the case.   This is still the case

BT have not taken this into account and have put an Manage BT Yahoo email Button in My extras in my account.

They have then incorrectly assumed that it is a BT Mail email system (partly) and hence the checker was reporting my emails as BT Mail.( (I think I may have a BT Mail like interface to manage them. Still need to check this.) This is the case)

They have now changed this to say they cannot check what system these emails are on. Progress ???

The reason why BT Yahoo account holders are getting different results goes back to when they got their BT Yahoo email accounts as the handling of the accounts and BT ID  changed after I got mine.

Further investigation is required. Ongoing

0 Ratings
GeneralDisquiet
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 31

Mine is also showing incorrectly as being BT Mail.  I changed my master password yesterday and this morning I can still log into the BT Yahoo or the BT Mail login with my new password.  There is clearly some linkage between the two types of account and logins which are sharing both user names and passwords.

"To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
-- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 31

@vofsanity2 I very much suspect that you have been migrated to BTMail but haven't completely followed the migration process with regard to your BTID. The only way to manage BTYahoo accounts is by accessing this page via webmail and clicking on 'account info'. It cannot be reached via MyBT.

acc.jpg

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 31

@licquorice wrote:

@vofsanity2 I very much suspect that you have been migrated to BTMail but haven't completely followed the migration process with regard to your BTID. The only way to manage BTYahoo accounts is by accessing this page via webmail and clicking on 'account info'. It cannot be reached via MyBT.

________________________________________________________________________________________

This is not how I read my situation. You do not appear to understand what I have posted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 31

Whatever

0 Ratings