cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mail password not accepted

Go to solution

My Mail password is being rejected, but my Community password works.

I spent an hour with a very pleasant chap on the helpline with no success.

I cannot access my mail directly from BT or via my mail client. I cannot change my BT Mail password - silly me, my alternative address is out of date.

Help please, in simple terms for a simple mind.

patthepiper
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mail password not accepted

Go to solution

Hi @patthepiper the community and BT Email systems are seperate which likely means you have a different password set up for your email account.  If the alternative email address is no longer applicable then the only way for you to get this sorted quickly will be to speak to the technical helpdesk on 0800 111 4567 who can manually reset your password but they will need you to go through a security validation process before being able to help.  

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hello NeilO Many thanks for your help. The Helpdesk is very busy so I'll ring them again tomorrow
patthepiper
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hello Neil O - This morning I somehow was able to change my password and contact details on the web site so didn't use the telephone helpline. It took minutes - I don't know why I had so much trouble before.

Many thanks for your assistance. It is reassuring to know that expert help is at hand.

Kind regards - and keep well.

Pat Dunbar

patthepiper
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I thought I had fixed this - see my earlier post.

Thunderbird is receiving BT Mail, but I cannot send mail from Thunderbird. Looking through similar posts, I'm not the only one with this problem. I have tried most of the suggested fixes, but none work.

When I have Write open Send is greyed out and as expected does not work. The recipient address enters in black but becomes red on Enter. As in other reports my address book is empty and I have lost my filters. 

If anyone has a fix for this, please advise me. I’m about to ditch Firefox, sadly for it has worked well for many years

patthepiper
0 Ratings