cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Mail server not responding even after password reset

Go to solution

Need advice please. Since Wednesday, our BT mail account on our 2 iPhones has given us the message “mail.btinternet.com is not responding. Verify you have entered the correct account info in Mail Settings”. Following similar posts on the Community, I reset the password via My BT and updated our phones. This did not work.  Follow up advice suggested that deleting and recreating the mail account would fix this so I tried it on 1 phone. Now I am unable to complete adding it to my phone as it’s unable to verify the SSL. We have used this account for many years but this is the first time we’ve had this issue. Any advice please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mail server not responding even after password reset

Go to solution

Hi

I had a similar sounding issue and after it got escalated in BT help land we established that whilst i was using the BT App on my iphone, the Apple email app was still set up. As i had not chnaged the password (i did not know it was switched on and linked to my BT email) it was repeatedly trying to login with the wrong password causing the BT servers issues and locking me out.

Worth checking...!

Tim

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks. I’ll give it a go tomorrow. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I have been able to set up my BT email account in my iPhone mailbox. I think my password was cached. After this cleared, it was straight forward. 

0 Ratings