Message 21 of 32

Re: Mail won't send unless I'm logged on to BTYahoo in a browser window

Ok that rules that out then.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 32

It might not help but it won't do any harm, try a hard / factory reset of your HomeHub per chance it is blocking your email account for some reason.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 32

Having re read all the posts and given that this appears to happen on both your PC and laptop it would suggest that the fault may not be a setting on Outlook. To help eliminate the HomeHub and any network settings are you able to log onto a friend or neighbours router and try sending an email from there?

Also try turning off any email scanning in your antivirus.

0 Ratings
Padmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 32

Bizarrely mail sent this morning from both my computers, even though I wasn't logged onto the BTYahoo website.  Now it won't send again!!

This HAS to be a BT problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 32

@Padmeister wrote:

Bizarrely mail sent this morning from both my computers, even though I wasn't logged onto the BTYahoo website.  Now it won't send again!!

This HAS to be a BT problem.

These are actually account problems, which somehow seem to affect different people with varying degrees of access. Yours seems particularly bad. As said earlier, typically logging into webmail can trigger the access via mail client programs.

However, you didn't say if you're trying to access the account from more than one device at a time - even if the tablets, smartphones etc are set to check for emails every few minutes etc. This has been a cause of some issues for some people. Do make sure that every device that may check for emails is either turned off or set not to check every few minutes.

0 Ratings
Padmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 32

Hi Andy

I only ever check on one computer at once and i don't use mobile devices to access email.  Do you think if i tried IMAP instead of POP3 that might help?

0 Ratings
Stentifw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 32

I am having the same problem with the same symptoms.  There is a long thread from last year here - http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/E-mail-password-rejection/td-p/234061 .

Clearly BT have done nothing about it.

0 Ratings
Padmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 32

Come on BT - this still hasn't gone away.

I had two weeks when miraculously my email sent without a hitch but I'm back to the old problem again now.

This absoloutely has to be a BT server problem so please sort it out!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
FrustratED2
Beginner
Message 29 of 32

I have been a BT Customer since they started. I have used the same emai adress with W98; XP; Vista; and Win7. without any conections problems, Until last November at about that time I had a notification that our local service  was being up graded. Then the trouble stared ! The service started playing up and not recognizing my email address. I checked settings hadn't been corrupted and reset them.  Seemed to be ok for a while then it hapenned again.  Then I wonder if it was my  my old Mk! router was dying of old age.  So I upgraded to the new Mk3.  very soon the same problem started. The annoying thing was it seem eratic sometimes working other times given me connection errors.  Afterreading the forum. I did the trick of starting up the yahoo mail page. My mail arrived there Ok. but my address book was still on Live mail [win7] 

a real pain!.  I don't want to keep having to use the yahoo web page it is pretty aweful  for dealing with mail.  Live mail got error messages

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet (********** account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.
Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.
Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No"

Ok next time a pop up box asked me to give user name and password  but refused to accept them. Close mail. another pop up box from Bthelp popped up telling there werethe  problems  and to troubleshoot. Did it ! Result it told me that i didn't  have  any listed mail programme ??????  

"Email troubleshooting

We have detected that you do not have any supported Microsoft email program. To setup email account you need to download an email program. For more information, click on the link below.

Click here for more information"

You are joking aren't you ! then put me a loop back to the first page.

I gave up  and went and did something else. came back opened Live mail screen and low and behold a stream of mail arrived.  

This is now a regular feature of BT Yahoo Mail as far as i am concerned. Phone, Tablet, other laptop all have the same problem I have given up fiddling withe the phone and Tablet for mail. 

I have had 6 months of this hassle and if I hadn't renewed my Broadband packet last year I would be looking for another server. But when you have use an address for 10 years, notifying all my contacts is a big hassle I want to avoid.  All this seems to have happenned since BT did the deal with Yahoo.

So BT get your finger out and do something about this farcical situation. It is nothing at my end i don't think it is to do with the local equipment. It is to do with with the introduction of Yahoo into your sustem. Get rid of them !

By the way while i have been typing this an email has arrive on my "Live mail" which just shows that the problems is at your end.

0 Ratings
Peteman2401
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 32

I have the same issue - although it is on Mac Mail and only since I changed my BTYahoo password. Before that everything worked perfectly, but now I have to log into the BTYahoo website for my client to work 😕

0 Ratings