Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Mailbox size warning

Go to solution

I  have been getting an email daily for about 3 weeks saying my mailbox is almost full with the following current and maximum size. I am using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 10.

Your mailbox is almost full.

962 MB972 MB
Current sizeMaximum size

It tells me "Please reduce your mailbox size. Delete any items you don't need from your mailbox and empty your Deleted Items folder."

Over the last week I have deleted approximately 50% of my total emails (with emphasis on the larger ones) and it has hardly changed the current size stated in the warning email. It varies up and down daily by less that 5 MB.  I am using the email domain @btconnect.com (which I have used for many years) and my Internet provider is BT.  I have 'delete emails after 14 days' ticked in WLM for all my email addresses. What am I doing wrong?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Mailbox size warning

Go to solution

xxxx@btconnect.com are business addresses, this is the BT residential forum. You will be better served posting on the business forum where they will be able to advise https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@peterrhwrote:

I  have been getting an email daily for about 3 weeks saying my mailbox is almost full with the following current and maximum size. I am using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 10.

Although it's a business address, and best asked in the business forum - do any of the emails go into a trash folder that may not get empty? Have you moved emails you wish to keep into personal folders, and are these filling up?

It won't be just the Inbox, but the total mailbox I believe.

0 Ratings
peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi 

Thanks but the btconnect domain was available to residential customers when I started using it several years ago and it has remained available free to existing residential customers. I'm happy to post it to your business forum if that is the only way I will get support, on the understanding that I'm a residential customer.  I hope they don't bounce me back to you!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Both forums are just customer to customer self help.

If you have webmail access for your email address, I suggest you delete the mails there rather than in WLM , as Andy suggests, check that you have been fully deleting the mails rather than just deleting them and putting them in the trash.

0 Ratings
peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Many thanks for jumping in to assist.  As I have explained in previous reply I'm a residential customer and a very long term use of the btconnect domain. In answer to your question I do have a personal folder but its quite small. I don't have a trash folder and have deleted a huge quantity of emails since the warnings started. What is actually measuring the storage used? I have 'remove from server after 14 days' ticked in the WLM settings for all my email addresses so I don't understand what capacity I can be filling up.

0 Ratings
peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I've never used webmail, but am happy to try if you think that might help. How do I access webmail for these btconnect addresses? When I tried very briefly it was only displaying btinternet addresses that I have allocated but have never used.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@peterrhwrote:

I've never used webmail, but am happy to try if you think that might help. How do I access webmail for these btconnect addresses? When I tried very briefly it was only displaying btinternet addresses that I have allocated but have never used.

Give this a try :-

https://myoffice.bt.com/

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

When you delete the mails are you just clicking the delete button or shift+delete. The former just moves the items to the deleted items folder, the later deletes permanently.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@Andy_Nwrote:

@peterrhwrote:

Give this a try :-

https://myoffice.bt.com/

Hmmm ... might not be as easy as that. I've got a btconnect address (probably similar to the way you've got yours) and I had to activate it and go through a few hoops to end up at

https://outlook.office365.com

so you may be able to enter your email address and password when the screen asks for it.

0 Ratings