Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Mailbox size warning

Go to solution

I'm deleting all files in Deleted folder.

0 Ratings
peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Andy

This may have worked! I was able to use the outlook.office365.com link you provided to log onto my main btconnect address (the one I use most) for the first time ever. The Deleted mail folder was saying that it contained over 3000 messages, all ones that I thought had been deleted in WLM. The deletion process took about 5 minutes but I was somewhat surprised that after they had all disappeared, there was an option to restore them! I will anxiously wait until about 1am this tonight to see  if my daily email shows there is a substantial reduction in storage used.  My other btconnect email address must also have a huge number of messages that I thought were permanently deleted and haven't been but I'm not too bothered as long as I've released enough storage to to get me through a few months and I'll repeat it again.

Peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

See message 9 for explanation of size of deleted items folder.

0 Ratings
peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Yes but I've always been deleting from the deleted items folder, not just deleting from Inbox. It looks like there isn't a way of properly deleting emails in WLM.

Peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Shift + delete directly from the inbox deletes the mail from the server without sending it to the deleted items folder.

peterrh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks to licquorice and Andy for coming up with a solution to this. Sorry for belated reply but I've been away. Peter