cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon5474
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Mailbox

My partners email address is a subaccount on my main BT email account. In order to cut down on wifi usage during a recent holiday I used the yahoo mail account management system to add his address to my account so when launching Yahoo mail on my device both accounts come up and you can switch easily from one to the other. Now we are back we wish to reverse this so each only has access to his own emails.  However, I cannot see anything in settings (e.g. Manage your accounts) that allows me to do this.  I have tried uninstalling the app and relaunching it up this makes no difference. Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mailbox

If you go into the apps settings there will be an option to manage accounts. Select the one you don't want and there should be an option to delete it. It won't delete the account from the servers just from the app.

0 Ratings
jon5474
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, but when I go into Manage accounts it only shows my account address (perhaps because my partners address is a sub account of mine???) I can delete that but obviously that's not what I want. Any other thoughts?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Why are you doing it via Yahoo if you have a BT email account?

How did you set this up. Is it on an email app or when you log onto your BT email account using a web browser and if so is it via a BT page or Yahoo?

0 Ratings
jon5474
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

It's a few weeks ago when I did it, but I think I just went into settings from my mailbox in the Yahoo app and saw the option to add an account. If I sign into my email account on the Bt site it takes me to the same place.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You should not be using the Yahoo app with a BTYahoo email account. The server settings are not correct and it may cause you problems at some point.

Again you should not be logging on via the Yahoo page. You should be using the BT log on page. If you go to the top of the forum page you will see a menu "News, Help, MyBt, Email. Click on the Email button and use that to log on.

If you set it up on the Yahoo app, where it gave you an option to "add" an account you should see both accounts there. You should be able to delete it from there.

If that doesn't work, if it is shown when you log onto your email account via a web browser (webmail)  you should be able to delete it by going into the settings > mail > add an account. If you high light the account you want to delete you should be given the option to edit or delete it.

0 Ratings
jon5474
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

If I log in via the Bt site as you suggest I still end up in what appears to be the same Yahoo mail system listing both email addresses. If I click on Manage accounts it just shows my name and email address. The Add another mailbox option doesn't show the existing accounts. All roads lead to the same place!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

I don't use the Yahoo app and as such can not look at the settings so other than reiterating that if you set it up via the app there must be a way in the app to stop it from accessing the account there is nothing more I can suggest.

0 Ratings