Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Main BT Id Email permanently deleted !?

Go to solution

I'm trying to resolve this issue for my mother.

She kept the main BT Id account purely for communication with BT and opened up a couple of sub accounts for her and my personal use.
She had no need to check the main BT email as she had no issues with the service she was paying for on a monthly direct debit.
Recently she logged in to check how close she was to her account renewal and found the account had been deleted on the 24th of February.

The two sub accounts are still accessible.

After a lengthy discussion with customer service they advised me to link one of the sub acounts as the new BT Id in the profile setup. After I did this I was then unable to access that email account. It would log into My BT momentarily and then bounce me straight back to the log in page.

After another lengthy discussion with a different tech support, I was told they had resolved the issue and that I would now be able to log in with the sub account details.

I can't. It's still the original BT Id that had it's email deleted.

She's not worried about the historical emails, but the deleted email account seems to be interferring with other aspects as she can't make any new sub accounts or link another email to the BT Id.

Not sure if you can offer any solutions to this.

I can't understand what BT hoped to achieve by deleting the main Email attached to an active subscription. I can understand pruning inactive subaccounts or expired BT Ids. But, this was the main billing address.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Main BT Id Email permanently deleted !?

Go to solution

Forum members won't be able to help with this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Martin5678 Sorry that your Mother is having this problem with her account.

We are busier than normal at the moment so it will take longer than usual to get back to you, and we will be happy to help you fix this for her with this if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the rapid response, I will gather all the needed details and get back to you via the mod contact.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Issue solved.

Phone conversation, a few clicks on the MY BT e-mail settings and a few behind the scenes clicks by the mods and the e-mail was back. Added bonus the historical e-mails had not been lost.
I suspect the account hadn't been overwritten yet that made the recovery a little easier. Now we know the account has to be active I will be making sure to pop in at least monthly.

Thanks for great customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Martin5678,

My thanks go to both you and your Mother for taking the time to speak with me today.

I'm happy that I was able to get this email address back for your Mum with all the previous emails still available.

Take care and I hope you enjoy your holiday Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

If you use an email client you could set it up on that and when you log onto check your own email it will also check your mother's email account. If she does not use it obviously there will be no emails to download but it will keep the account active.