cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davies22
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Main email address not listed at My BT so unable to log in

I have my main email address used for  my BT account for the last 20+ years. It is not listed on My BT emails page so I am not able to access my emails through the normal BT log in page or through the BT.com homepage. 

I have 2 other emails set up for my children and these are the only ones listed and come up each time I log in.

How can I get my email address added to the BT.com emails page? My account is set up using the main email address so I'm unsure why this is not listed.

I am only able to access mail from iPad/iPhone but need access on my laptop too.  Can anyone help please? I've raised this with BT before but haven't got a solution to the issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Main email address not listed at My BT so unable to log in

You should be able to have the email account associated to your BT broadband account.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-account...

If this does not work post back for further assistance.

0 Ratings
davies22
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried this & just tried again but get an error message saying sorry we don’t recognize those details even though my email I’m entering is active & has been for years.

Any help to resolve this would be really appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

DavidM
Message 5 of 11

Hi @davies22 and thanks for posting.

I'm sure we'll be able to help with this. I've sent you a private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. Just drop me over a reply with the details and we’ll check it out.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
davies22
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi David

Thank you so much, I have just replied.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 11

That's great @davies22. Leave it with us and we'll be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 11

Hi Sharon,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Can you please follow this process in the link below. That should allow you to move the email address over. Once you've done that you might need to do a password reset.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-account-

Please let me know how that goes.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
davies22
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi David

Thanks for looking in to this & for your response. I have tried to import my email in to my account before & get the error message-

Sorry we don’t recognise those details. Please check what you have entered & try again.

I have just had another go & unfortunately still get the same error message even though I’m entering my email & password correctly.

thanks

Sharon

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 11

Thanks @davies22,

I will let @DavidM know you've posted back and he'll give you a shout again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings