cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robsown
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Managing Premium Email

I've  taken out BT premium email. This has created a new account number which is linked to my landline account number for my BT ID.

Unfortunately for some reason best known to BT I need to switch the new account number to be my primary account before I can manage the email account.

After much discussion with , I must say, an extremely helpful BT help desk person I was told there was nothing they could do, it was something I had to do and just follow the instructions on the BT ID page !!

At this point I start to question my sanity, I have been around and around the screen and help pages and can see no way to do this.

Help !!!

3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Managing Premium Email

If you are happy to only be able to access your email account using a we browser (webmail) you can get the BT Basic Email. This allows you to use your current email account for free.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

As far as I am aware you should  be able to add your BT Premium email account to your present MyBT and manage it from there.

You will need your account number. Log onto your MyBT and go to Account details then Add an Account and follow the prompts. 

Once it has been added you should be able to switch between the accounts by using the drop down box where you see the account number at the top right.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-sport/adding-an-account-on-my-bt

0 Ratings
robsown
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for the response , I'm already signed up to premium email and all is good from that point of view.

The BT Premium account is already added to my original BTID again all good.

I can switch between the accounts using the arrow in the top right of the screen but it does not let me manage the premium email account. I can't even edit the name of the account.

A red banner appears that says I'm not the primary account holder but against the account it says I am, in fact it says I am against both account numbers.

After a long phone call to the help desk the explanation I was given is that the premium email is not the primary account (the original one is) so I need to swap them over .something I can easily do apparently.. that's where I hit the snag 

Bt helpdesk tell me I can do it - anyone know how ???

0 Ratings
begood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I have same problem waste of time,  there is a software glitch and no one either cares or knows how to fix it.

0 Ratings