cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skiff
Message 1 of 3

Message rejected/read wwww.bt.com/sender etc

I work for a group of doctors and have up until today had no issues sending them a group email for various reasons.  Today I have had the following message bounce back from the email addresses that are bt related.  For some reason my emails are now being considered spam.  2 group emails were sent this morning, and this message appeared after sending a 3rd.  There are no links, nothing different in them, just one sentence asking to see if one of them can help with something.  Can any one offer some advice on this please.  I have read the link, but it has completely gone over my head!

I'm sorry to inform you that the message below could not be delivered.
When delivery was attempted, the following error was returned.

<@btinternet.com>: host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk[65.20.0.49] said: 554
Message rejected, policy (3.2.1.1) ??? Your message looks like SPAM or has
been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender (in reply to end of
DATA command)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Message rejected/read wwww.bt.com/sender etc

A number of our customer have also seen this same error message started appearing, from today (20th Feb) onwards.

Nothing has changed on our side, and I have tested a number of different sending servers from different geographic locations, and from different IP's and connections, all with the same DSN reply, with everything from a blank message with one word of text, to a full message with content.

Can one of the postmaster team pleease confirm what new filtering and requirements have suddenly been impletented?

554 Message rejected, policy (3.2.1.1) – Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender
*** Connection closed by remote host ***

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Message rejected/read wwww.bt.com/sender etc

@skiff wrote:

I work for a group of doctors and have up until today had no issues sending them a group email for various reasons.  Today I have had the following message bounce back from the email addresses that are bt related.  For some reason my emails are now being considered spam.  2 group emails were sent this morning, and this message appeared after sending a 3rd.  There are no links, nothing different in them, just one sentence asking to see if one of them can help with something.  Can any one offer some advice on this please.  I have read the link, but it has completely gone over my head!

I'm sorry to inform you that the message below could not be delivered.
When delivery was attempted, the following error was returned.

<@btinternet.com>: host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk[65.20.0.49] said: 554
Message rejected, policy (3.2.1.1) ??? Your message looks like SPAM or has
been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender (in reply to end of
DATA command)

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately the problem is the BT choice of using Openwave messaging for their mail service.

There is actually nothing you can do about this, and as this has been reported many, many times over the months/years - nothing is clearly being done.

It's frankly an appalling situation for end users who could be missing out on receiving emails such as yours. Those end users will usually have no knowledge that they aren't receiving these emails.

Nobody it seems wishes to take this up with the email team, which is simply not good enough.