Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimDR
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Messages being wrongly put in Spam Folder

Go to solution

Messages from people from whom I have been receiving mail perfectly successfully for several years are suddenly being put in the Spam Folder. I can drag and drop them back into my Inbox but how do I make sure the problem does not keep happening. I can mark as "trusted source"  meassges that go into my Outlook Junk folder but the messages in the Spam Folder do not appear in my Outlook system, so unless I go into BT Mail directly, I never see them.

So, how do I get trusted sources registed as safe so they do not get put in Spam folder.

Many Thanks,

Tim

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Messages being wrongly put in Spam Folder

Go to solution

If you are using the BTMail email system and not the BTYahoo email system you can go into the email settings by logging onto your email account via a browser and clicking on your username at the right hand side.

Once in the settings you click on Mail then Safe Senders and add all the relevant email addresses there.

TimDR
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Absolutely brilliant thanks you. I have done what you suggested and will wait to see if it has worked. It only seem to affect two individuals using a Golf Club management system so maybe it is something to do with that.

I will get the individuals to send test messages and see what happens.

Many thanks again,

Tim

0 Ratings
TimDR
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Dear Distinuished Sage

Your solution has worked thank you very much. A sage indeed.

Tim

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Welcome to the Community @TimDR,

I am sorry to hear you had a few problems with receiving emails from some of your contacts.  Some great advise from GG so I am delighted that has resolved this minor blip 😀

I just wanted to add that if you are finding that your mail is being incorrectly categorised as spam or perhaps spam not being categorised as such then please use the 'Report as spam'  and 'Not spam' accordingly via webmail.  This information helps BT improve and tune our antispam filters for the benefit of all customers 👍

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
TimDR
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Will do thank you Sean.

Tim

0 Ratings