Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Microsoft Outlook synching with BT Yahoo Mail

I have Microsoft Outlook which I tend to load before I log into BT Yahoo Mail. The entire synchronisation process used to take a matter of a few minutes, say about 5 (at most).

Now the process is taking a great deal longer, at a guess about 30 minutes.

The initial process of synchronizing my Inbox used to be very quick, a matter of seconds. Now it takes several minutes before it gets around to starting this.

I have a lot of folders within BT Yahoo mail and this secondary part of the process is now significantly slower.

The change has taken place within the last 2 weeks.

I have BT Infinity with a download speed of approx 37 mbps and an upload speed of approx 8 mbps.

Is anybody else experiencing this same problem?

Has anybody got an explanation for it?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
SteveS99
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Microsoft Outlook synching with BT Yahoo Mail

My BT Yahoo mail has been super-slow downloading to iphone, ipad or Mac mail clients today. Lots of other reports on Twitter about slow BT Yahoo mail via client software today. So it may just be a generic issue with client software (including Outlook)  accessing BT YAhoo mail. It seems OK via webmail.

0 Ratings
SteveS99
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Slow download of BT Yahoo mail to client software - anyone else?

Is anyone else experiencing very slow download of BT YAhoo e-mail messages to mail client software recently?

I have my account set up via IMAP with the native mail apps on an iPhone, iPad and a Mac. All have been very slow in the last few days. The headers load after maybe 10-20 seconds, and then the body of the e-mails slowly loads over the next few minutes. Its been slow most of this week. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Ratings
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

I'm being asked by the system whether the matter has been solved. No it has not but it seems to be an intermittent problem. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes not. Today for instance, it was not.  It may be down to how busy the system is at the time I try to synchronise.

0 Ratings
SteveS99
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Mine is super slow today also, after improving over the past few days.

My BT Yahhoo email account has IMAP sync to the mail apps on iPhone, iPad and Mac desktop and they are all very slow to sync - but do get there eventually.

0 Ratings
1alone
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Re: Slow download of BT Yahoo mail to client software - anyone else?

Hi Steve  My situation is the same as your all apple products and slow loading on apple client e mail via IMAP.  If anything it seems to be getting slower.

0 Ratings
Draftyman
Message 7 of 10

Excruciatingly slow e-mail loading speeds via Apple as well.

0 Ratings
SteveS99
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Quite a few people are complaining about this on Twitter too. BT Yahoo e-mail seems super slow syncing with a variety e-mail client software via IMAP ( Apple mail apps, Outlook etc). Hopefully this will mean someone at BT or Yahoo will investigate soon.

0 Ratings
portal
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Same here

0 Ratings
SteveS99
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Seems to be better for me this morning. Lets hope it lasts.

0 Ratings