cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amunre
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Migrating to BT Broadband - do I have to use the Homehub3?

Go to solution

Hi, I'm preparing to migrate to BT Broadband. I understand that although the BT Homehub is provided free, I don't actually have to use it. I am currently using the BT Business Hub 2701HGV which I'm more than happy with. Prior to actual migration, I assume there will be paperwork. Would there be the necessary information in this paperwork to enable me to reconfigure my BT Business Hub please?

Thanks, Regards

John F

“Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later.”
Mary Bly
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Migrating to BT Broadband - do I have to use the Homehub3?

Go to solution

You should be able to just plug in a BT Business Hub and it will work without any further configuration.

😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
You might have to change the username as the business hub username is often suffixed with @hg.xx.btinernet.com

A change to something@btbroadband.com will sort it out if it doesn't work with the current username.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Amunre
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks people. I don't think I made myself clear. I'm currently using the Business hub configured to my present ISP's settings, i.e. username@domain and password. With connection type PPPoA and circuit identifier VPI:0 VCI:38. So my question is - where do I get my BT Broadband username and password from?

Ta

John F

Mary Bly
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

the hub username is the same for everyone  bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password is not required - if hub wants password then bt will do.  the authentication is your phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Amunre,

As Webby said above your post, you just have to enter "anything@btbroadband.com" as the username and leave the password blank (or enter "password" if you can't continue without one) and this will authenticate you on the BT RADIUS servers. Generally I like to advise customers to enter their router name instead of "anything" (in your instance you could put in "2701HGV@btbroadband.com") so we know what we're dealing with if we ever have to test your line 😉

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Amunre
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Very useful information. Thanks everyone.

Regards

John f

Mary Bly
0 Ratings