Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
barnpiece
Expert
Message 1 of 10

Migration to BT Mail is going on again?

Go to solution

I have been told by BT Online chat that the migration to BT Mail is underway again!

Has anyone been migrated recently??

Richard

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Migration to BT Mail is going on again?

Go to solution

I think you have been told porkies!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@barnpiece wrote:

I have been told by BT Online chat that the migration to BT Mail is underway again!

Has anyone been migrated recently??

Richard

I doubt that's correct. Was there a specific reason for them to "release" that information?

It was suspended in Sep 2014.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I really want to get off the BT Yahoo mail system.

I know some have said that the BT Mail is not very good, but I wsh to move.

Just checked on the phone and, although they say they will move to their own system in future,

there is no timescale for this.

So the Online chat shows itself deficient again.

Richard

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

You can not be moved from BTYahoo to BTMail. The email migration stopped a few years ago and there is no information when and even if it will ever restart.

If you are not happy with BTYahoo you should consider moving your self over to gmail or some other email provider. It may be a pain and take a bit of time but once you have done that you will not be dependent on an ISP email service and should you wish to move ISP it makes it that bit easier.

0 Ratings
Gwyndy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Following several days of frustrating use of the BT Yahoo mail system, I received the following incredibly helpful reply to my enquiry via an on-line chat with BT just a couple of days ago when I asked again about the migration from Yahoo to BT's own mail system -

"Deep Singh: If I will be frank enough that might happen or that might not happen, there is no guarantee about that."

A little later (actually felt more like a lifetime) -

"Deep Singh: I will repeat my words, that is not guaranteed. Previously we started facing many issues so the switch over was stopped somehow. You can simply ask in the BT Forums as well since you always check that. The switch is now only applicable for few customers not for all."

At that point I lost the will to live and gave up!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

The switch is not applicable for a few customers so that is another piece of misinformation from the Customer Services.

I have checked with the forum moderators and they have confirmed the migration email activity has not restarted and there are no plans at present to do so. 

This information is being reiterated to the Customer Services so that they no longer give out wrong and misleading information.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

The switch is not applicable for a few customers so that is another piece of misinformation from the Customer Services.

I have checked with the forum moderators and they have confirmed the migration email activity has not restarted and there are no plans at present to do so. 

This information is being reiterated to the Customer Services so that they no longer give out wrong and misleading information.

Hi All,

As per @gg30340 post. This information is correct. 'The migration email activity has not restarted and there are no plans at present to do so'

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi David,

FYI, I've just had a long conversation with one of your colleagues, Rohit Kumar, who assured me that the migration is still active!

He fundamentally disagreed with my assertion that the migration was put on hold years ago. According to Rohit migrations continue to take place on a daily basis.

It is clear that your overseas team has absolutely no clue! 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @spursman1

Thanks for posting back.

I can assure you that we have spoken with the product manager directly and the migration has not been restarted and there are no plans at present to do so.

Can you send me your BT account number via private message so that I can arrange for the appropriate coaching to be given?

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”