cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 49

Old emails are reloaded and downloaded each time I open Inbox

Old emails are continually downloading each time I open my inbox on my ipad or iphone.  This coincides with me updating my ipad but also coincides with the latest apple update.  Anyone else with this problem/know how to stop this happening?  I have tried deleting BTMail account and reinstalling (with IMAP).  This does not happen on my Microsoft laptop.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 22 of 49

Re: Old emails are reloaded and downloaded each time I open Inbox

Same with me on my iPhone and iPad but not via Outlook on my W10 PC.  Very irritating

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 23 of 49

Re: Emails constantly reloading

Me too - on my iPhone and iPad but not on my Outlook on a W10 PC.

Geoff 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 49

Same thing happening to me. Very irritating and stressful. There seems to be no end in these issues. Hopeless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 49

Re: Migration to BT email issue on iPhone?

I’ve formally logged the problem with BT on 0800 800 150 and pointed out that there’s a number of people both on here and on the BT Twitter  pages having this issue. They say they will escalate but the more people who phone the better.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 49

I have merged all the various threads on this problem so that any information/fix regarding it can be found in one place.

I have also informed the moderators of the forum regarding the problem and I expect they will pass this onto the BT email team and no doubt once they have received information from the BT email team they will post on this thread.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 49

Thank you for doing this. Let's hope they sort it out asap. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 49

Could it be related to the number of emails in the inbox? My wife has this problem on iPhone and iPad but she and has over 10000 inbox emails. I also have iPhone and iPad with less than 20 inbox emails and do not have this problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 29 of 49

I have had over 30,000 in my inbox for a long time. The "issue" started this week.  If you have only 20 emails (that's a mornings worth for me) then they would download in a second so you would never see the problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 30 of 49

Email on iPhone and Ipad disappears each time and then downloads from scratch

Since Saturday every time I open the Mail app on m iPhone  or I-pad the inbox contents disappear and then download again starting four years back. This obviously takes a long time! I have deleted the email account from my iPhone and started again but no improvement. Any help gratefully received. The inbox is complet if I access it through the bt web site.

0 Ratings