cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 49

Re: Emails repeat-downloading on ipad

BT customer support have asked that I change my fetch to automatic, I had it on manual, to see if there is an issue with iOS not keeping the emails on the phone.

But they don't seem to think there is any major issue at their end and next steps they say would be to contact apple!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 32 of 49

Re: Emails repeat-downloading on ipad

Argh! it just did the same again now! Obviously that didn't work!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 49

Re: Migration to BT email issue on iPhone?

This started happening again to me last week. It rolled back my emails until around Nov 19. It’s pretty scary watching your emails disappear in front of your eyes. I managed to get a screen recording of it in case no one believed me lol. Even swiping off the email App on my iPhone didn’t stop it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 34 of 49

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for highlighting the issue and to @gg30340 for merging the threads.

The Email team is aware of the problem and they are applying a fix as a priority.

Thanks 

Paddy

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 35 of 49

I was on the phone to them there and they didn't seem to think there was an issue, the advisor referred me to apple! But definately not an apple issue as happens both on an iphone with latest ios and on an ipad with an older version of ios
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 36 of 49

Looks as if it might be fixed.  I'll wait 24 hours before being sure.

Geoff

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 49

I agree and I posted the same on Twitter - fingers crossed! I hope we get an update as to what the issue and resolution was.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 49

There seems to be an issue with the first line responders and with BT internal communications in general. 1. There was an issue. 2. It appears that some people on phone response didn’t know that others had called. 3. Many BT people responding on Twitter didn’t seem to have a clue about the seriousness of the issue or that it was widespread. 4. The first response was to blame it on Apple. 5. Whether it was an Apple issue or not BT should have taken ownership. 6 BT appear to have applied a fix eventually and now things are stable. 7. No communication from BT as to the cause of the issue or how it was resolved. Summary - a pretty rubbish response from BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 49

I've not had the problem for 24 hours now...so I'm happy  🙂

Now just have to decide whether to re sign back up to BT TV or not...

cheers

m

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 49

Hi, could BT give an update on this please as I’d like to know if the fix has been applied. 

0 Ratings