cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 41 of 49

Re: Migration to BT email issue on iPhone?

@ama_111 wrote:

Hi, could BT give an update on this please as I’d like to know if the fix has been applied. 

Hi @ama_111 

Thanks for posting back.

This was fixed on Tuesday.  Are you having problems?

Post back and let me know please 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 42 of 49

I think it is fixed, at least for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 49

Hi @RobbieMac

Yes it’s all stable now thanks . Can you post an update as to the cause of the issue? Was it an Apple issue that caused the problems or was it a BT change that introduced a bug?

Thanks
David
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 44 of 49

Hi guys,

We are really sorry for the impact to some customers caused earlier this week by a failed software update.

This was caused by a software update on the core imap handlers on the platform, which had an unexpected side effect causing some Apple IOS clients to redownload the contents of a folder repeatedly. The issue was resolved by a rollback within approximately 5 hours of the release going live.

We are reviewing the testing methodology and post live checks to ensure this does not happen again.

Cheers,

Robbie

Highlighted
Expert
Message 45 of 49

Excellent - openness and a rapid fix.

Geoff

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 49

Just for clarity, I first reported this on Twitter on Saturday 11th and the fix was applied on Tuesday 14th so it was 3 days rather than 5 hrs. But good to hear that procedures are being reviewed and thanks @RobbieMac for the escalation and update.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 47 of 49

Thanks for the update @RobbieMac 

To clarify also and to help with your investigations, I first had the issue around Thursday 9th July so wasn't new to the 13th/14th July...so maybe some other patch caused the issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 49

The problem has not occurred since, but as it was an intermittent problem it was difficult to know whether this was a result of a fix or not. It’s good to know the fix has been applied and what the cause was, thanks. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 49 of 49

I’m having the same issue too. It’s driving me nuts. I spent hours last night deleting emails and they’ve all downloaded again today. Does anyone know if BT is looking for a fix?
0 Ratings