cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 10

Missing Emails.

Hi All.

My BT Mail App is NOT showing any Emails in my Inbox ?

Yesterday I had Loads of Important ones that I keep but it's Empty This Morning. 

All my other Folders are Fine and Showing Emails, Sent, Deleted etc.

I've Searched All Folders but can't find them.

Even Logged onto Bt.com but still Showing as Empty there.

Any Ideas People ?????

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10

Inbox Empty

Hi All.

My BT Mail App is NOT showing any Emails in my Inbox ?

Yesterday I had Loads of Important ones that I keep but it's Empty This Morning. 

All my other Folders are Fine and Showing Emails, Sent, Deleted etc.

I've Searched All Folders but can't find them.

Even Logged onto Bt.com but still Showing as Empty there.

Any Ideas People ?????

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Inbox Empty

Have you recently configured/connected a new device as POP3 rather than IMAP?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for the Reply. 

Not Changed anything, Its quite hard and time consuming Deleting 300+ Emails and if I had they would be in my Deleted Folder, Which they're MOT.

Nothing makes sense  They were there Last Night but Not This Morning.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@brian0808 

Perhaps someone has got access to your account? There are loads of spam emails being sent out, asking people to update their account or bank details by following a link which then steals their login details. Do you remember responding to anything like that, which you thought was from BT?

Once they have your login details, they can download your whole inbox using POP3, and use the information to impersonate you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@brian0808 wrote:

Thanks for the Reply. 

Not Changed anything, Its quite hard and time consuming Deleting 300+ Emails and if I had they would be in my Deleted Folder, Which they're MOT.

No, if you had configured a new device as POP3, it would have automatically downloaded them to the Inbox of that device alone and deleted them automatically from other devices. Nothing would have gone to your Deleted Folder

Nothing makes sense  They were there Last Night but Not This Morning.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

A week ago I upgraded my Phone to the Samsung Fold 3 and used Samsung Smartswitch to Transfer everything from my Old Phone.
Everything was Fine, All Emails Transferred on the App and All Folders were Identical on my New Phone, But like I say that was a Week before I Lost everything.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Perhaps someone has got access to your account? There are loads of spam emails being sent out, asking people to update their account or bank details by following a link which then steals their login details. Do you remember responding to anything like that, which you thought was from BT?

Once they have your login details, they can download your whole inbox using POP3, and use the information to impersonate you.

I never Click on any Links in my Emails.
I doubt anyone has Access to my Account, My Password is 15 Characters Long with Upper and Lower Case Letters with Numbers, Its not even a Word, Just jumbled up Letters and Numbers.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Re: Missing Emails.

Today, 13 Feb 2022, I have the same problem. I have 4 separate email accounts - btinternet.com; gmail.com; Orange.fr and a further gmail one- all inboxes emptied at some time this morning between about 0800 and 1000. I seem to be getting some inbound emails since but have lost all history. In addition, there seem to be gaps in my old sent emails. Is anybody else suffering something similar or has had a similar experience and knows how to deal with this problem?

0 Ratings