Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperCow73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Missing email accounts after emails "compromised" - no help from India

Hi there

I can no longer see two of my BT Internet email accounts (including my main one) following a message that my email account has been compromised. I went though a series of operations to try to restore them, including a change of my main BT ID, but didn't get anywhere.

Upon logging to my BT ID account and clicking on "BT Mail" neither of those two email accounts appear in the list. I got in touch with BT tech support via online chat and the lady then called me to say that she could see all my accounts and that all of them would be restored with new passwords. I only had to wait 25 mins and she would call me back. She insisted on me filling the survey but I told her I would only do it once I'm able to confirm the issue was resolved. 

Time passed and the issue did not get resolved nor did she call me back. It looks like all she did was reset the passwords on all my email accounts, which I guess is the extend of what level 1 support can do?

I'm now without my main email and I'd be grateful on some help on how to solve this.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Missing email accounts after emails "compromised" - no help from India

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take two working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
SuperCow73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks gg30340, much appreciated. I shall wait for the mods to contact me or reply to this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

Hi @SuperCow73,

We'll need to take a look into your account to find out what's going on. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
SuperCow73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

I have contacted you and provided my account details. Thanks for looking into this.

0 Ratings
SuperCow73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

It's been more than a week and I still don't have access to my main email. Nice people from BT contacted to tell me that BT support will be in touch but I haven't heard back from them so far. All they need to do is restore my two missing email accounts who disappeared.

Can I please get some traction on this?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I've been in touch with the BT Care team for you @SuperCow73. They're going to be chasing this today and will update you later.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
194ben
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

I had the same problem a month ago and it kept sending me to the migration screen no matter what I done!!
I spoke with bt customers services who where a complete waste of time in the end I email the chief executive, within 30mins I got a phone call from his assistant she couldn't fix it but got exec complaints to deal with it 2 weeks later it got fixed.

That's not the end of the story this week it's stopped working again!! So I phoned bt and told them to look at my notes instead they read off a load of rubbish to me and tell me they need to send a form off. Once bt finally get it working again I'll be transferring my emails to a more reliable email provider !!!
0 Ratings
SuperCow73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

The tech team finally managed to get in touch with me and mentioned that one of the email address had been restored. I can now see one of my missing email address in the "manage your email addresses" page however upon clicking onto "go to inbox" I then get the following message:

Account error

Selected account BT Mail Account is unavailable

So it doesn't look like the email account restoration was successful. Daniel would you mind mentioning this to the tech team please?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi @SuperCow73

Thanks for posting back and I'm sorry that you're still having problems.

I can see that my colleague dealing with your case will be following up with you after the bank holiday.  You can expect a call on Tuesday.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings