cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Missing email sub-account

I’ve had three btinternet.com addresses for many years. I need to change the password on one for security reasons. When I log on to BT email only two accounts are shown and I cannot find the third, the one I need, anywhere.  It is in daily use on Apple Mail. I even tried “Import an email account” and it told me “that email address is already associated with your account”! Grateful for any ideas on how I might access it on BT.com

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Missing email sub-account

Access it directly via the email login page https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

I suspect it has been migrated to the new email platform, addresses are being migrated individually rather than by account. Whilst the addresses are on different platforms the list won't show all of them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Dear Licquorice

Thank you for your speedy response.  Now I understand why I can't see the missing email sub-account but, unless I'm being dim (quite likely). it seems I won't be able to see the account until its been migrated.  Is this right?

Regards

Dodo27

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

You won't see it in the list until all your addresses have been migrated, but will be able to access it directly at the link I posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I could be wrong but I think you should still be able to see the email account via your "Manage Email" in your MyBT which would allow you to change the password if you wish however unless there is a pressing need to change the password I would be inclined to leave it as it is until the migration of all your accounts has taken place per chance it causes problems.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thank you.  I will take your advice and wait!

0 Ratings