cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris661
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Missing sections of my emails

Why are some parts of my received emails missing? 
Get lots like this, with this picture icon showing, and space, like something is missing.

This is a genuine email, from my dentist.

email icons.jpeg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Missing sections of my emails

Log onto your email account and go to the settings which you can find by clicking on your username at the top right. Go to "Mail" then "Block Images". If the the box "Block all images" is selected, select the setting that you feel you want and click "Save".

0 Ratings
chris661
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I checked what you you suggested and under mail> Block images> allow all images was already selected.
So not a solution.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Does this happen with all your emails that have images or just the one from your dentist?

Have you tried a different browser to see if it is a browser problem?

0 Ratings
chris661
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

It is only some emails, most are fine.  Tried firefox and safari- safari seems to display some of them correctly but some just display as icons with question mark. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If they are being displayed differently on various browsers it sounds like it is a browser security setting particularly if it the same senders images that are getting blocked on one browser but not on another.

It could also be a browser add on that is causing the problem. You should go into the browser settings and check if it has any settings that put a blocks on images or mixed content.

You antivirus might also be causing it. Check the settings on that. Temporarily turn off "email scanning" if it has that option to see if that helps.

0 Ratings