cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamJ3
Beginner
Message 101 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Having read all the above comments, there is one thing that I had noticed.

Only one of my laptops has updated to Windows 10 2004 last week, this is the one that is that first started not displaying the emails with a single click etc, it is only today that it has started happening on my other PC's that have not updated yet. this may be a coincidence.

It happens in both Chrome and Firefox on my PC's, I use Outlook on my phone and as stated above it works fine.

Like others I am reluctant to use the preview pane, but may have to because the pop up window is a pain in the butt to read.

SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 2,146

Re: Btinternet email

@craywrote:
There are loads of issues with the 'improved' email. Lots of other messages like yours in this Community. How do we know if anyone in BT ever reads these?

@cray 

Neil O has mentioned in post 54 of 99 of the MOD's have raised these new issues with the email team. 

0 Ratings
GLooney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 2,146

Re: Btinternet email

I suggest we all call BT on 0800 800 150, select the email option and say we and several hundred other users want to make a formal complaint.  Then refer them to BT Community. Worth a try?

mac-101
Beginner
Message 104 of 2,146

Completely agree with everything already said.  It is absolutely driving me nuts and I'm so glad I've found other people who are in the same boat.  No tabs, old contacts, terrible search facility, really slow, I can't now even view an email without opening it up in a separate window which takes forever.  Has anyone taken to Twitter about this?  Has to be the worst web email out there...and I'm paying for the privilege! 

jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 105 of 2,146

I'm wondering if the slowness of the system is causing the problems with filters (or Rules as they are now called). Some of mine are being sorted by filters but then some which should be sorted by the same filter aren't.

I still can't add any new filters although I can edit existing but like most of this new system I've no idea if they will work or not.

Ironically one of the things I use them for is notifications from forums like this, and the filter for this one is one of the ones that only works intermittently.

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 106 of 2,146

Meanwhile make a new Google account open Gmail in Accounts and imports set it to read and reply to BT mail set the BT as default. Export contacts to CSV file then import into Gmail. Then you won't need to go to BT mail until it's fixed. Which it won't ever be

Jenn
Beginner
Message 107 of 2,146

One-Click launch of emails has gone

I have lost the ability to view emails with "one click". Is it just me or is anyone else having this trouble? Is there a setting I can change to get this back? Thanks.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 108 of 2,146

Re: One-Click launch of emails has gone

It is not anything you have done and there is no setting you can change.

There is a problem with the email page that BT are aware of and they are apparently working on a fix. When this fix will happen has not been revealed.

GLooney
Aspiring Contributor
Message 109 of 2,146

I've called BT.  Said I wanted to make a formal complaint.  Was told they are aware of shortcomings.  They are in the process of moving all Yahoo email accounts to BT Mail then once all have been moved they will start working on the improvements.  Estimated deadline for moving all Yahoo accounts to BT Mail is end Sept but they are "slightly ahead of schedule"!!  I suggested they should at least communicate to all their email customers what is going on and this was taken on board.  Watch this space - but don't hold your breath! 

Tags (1)
Jenn
Beginner
Message 110 of 2,146

Re: One-Click launch of emails has gone

Thanks!!
0 Ratings