Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_C
Beginner
Message 321 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Another problem - printing.

It seems that the email reformats when it has a wider window but this then expands the text beyond the print area.  Meaning a wasted print then having to manually set the page to 70% of full size.

Anyone else had printing issues?

TG99
Beginner
Message 322 of 2,146

Contacts and contact groups have disappeared

Like many others I've seen on this forum, some of my contacts and ALL my contact groups have disappeared.  I've read all the replies. I don't want to have to recreate them all (if I can).  What's the solution BT?

0 Ratings
jethro
Aspiring Expert
Message 323 of 2,146

There seems to have been a growing tension between those experiencing issues with the new system and those who are seeking to provide support and advice - and thus diverting attention from the main culprit here, BT.

As an ex-employee ( of 37 years !) I remember experiencing quite a few challenges with delivering BT's customer-facing IT systems but the mess that BT has got itself into over the BT e-mail service really 'takes the biscuit' - the last 6 years, since the migration from Yahoo started, have seen this forum littered with so many problems and poor user experiences.

In a time of change there is a need for good communication - timely and clear. So rather than the post-migration 'Welcome to your fab new e-mail' message surely BT should have issued some guidance notes well in advance so people could prepare - e.g. sorting out Contacts, folder naming etc. 

As far as the new service is concerned, between us, on this forum, we have identified many issues with both usability, functionality and , of course, bugs/faults etc. As has been the case for the past few years when we have tried to get support we have encountered a mixed bag of experiences - on the whole my experiences have been poor - particularly last year with the SMTP password synchronisation problem - which was characterised mainly by denial of responsibility ( for interoperability with 3rd party e-mail clients ) by the offshore e-mail support teams.

The people in BT who seem to be avoiding the whole issue here are the 'owners' of the BT e-mail services - the Product Manager, In-Life Manager, BT Broadband Product Manager ( whatever their title ) - they have a responsibility to their customers - to communicate with them when there are obvious issues

Do the Moderators on this forum actually pass our concerns back to these people or are they fobbed off, as we are, with 2nd line e-mail 'support'?

PS I have been 'playing' with the new system - even reading most of the guidance notes from BT - I have only had one sub-account migrated - the 4 others, including the main, are still with Yahoo - obviously the stand-out problem is the dire response time - as per many other comments. I tried out the Send delivery confirmation function by sending to my BT Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail mailboxes- it actually worked with Hotmail (Outlook ) but with  BT Yahoo or Gmail - do neither of them accept delivery report requests?

goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 324 of 2,146

No printing issues

0 Ratings
KM1
Beginner
Message 325 of 2,146

I am getting exactly the same problems with the new upgrade and it is MUCH worse than what it has replaced, both in speed and appearance and ease of use.  But worst of all it has decimated my "groups" which I have recently spent hours correcting, deleting and adding.  Some groups are preserved but not any of my recent amendments.  I probably no longer have the addresses of some people that I need to reach.

KM1
Beginner
Message 326 of 2,146

The settings you give are not for a PC. need to be guided through please
0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 327 of 2,146

To smm why dont you email yourself then you will know what others receive 

0 Ratings
smm
Contributor
Message 328 of 2,146

I tried that to bt internet and my gmail account.
The gmail account receives the message with paragraphs retained
The bt account receive the massage with no paragraphs. However it prints with paragraphs. So depending on the recipients email provider it could be very annoying to read on screen
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 329 of 2,146

Similar problem. I have one main email address and one 'sub' email address. My main addresshas been migrated to the new BT Mail but not the sub address therefore I cannot see any email that might have been sent there. It would have made more sense, in my view, to migrate a users complete account instead of piece by piece.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 330 of 2,146

smm

Log onto your email account and go the settings which are found by clicking on your username at the right hand side. Once there click on "Mail" then if the box "compose emails in rich text format" is ticked untick it and click on save.