Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 331 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@IanLoughlin wrote:
Similar problem. I have one main email address and one 'sub' email address. My main addresshas been migrated to the new BT Mail but not the sub address therefore I cannot see any email that might have been sent there. It would have made more sense, in my view, to migrate a users complete account instead of piece by piece.

Are you using the dropdown box to change between your email accounts when using webmail on a web browser. If you are the following will apply.

If one of your email accounts has been migrated from BTYahoo email system to the new BTMail system it means that your email accounts are on two completely different unconnected email systems. This means that the drop down box that I presume you are using can not see the account that is on the different email system and as a result will not be able to switch between accounts.

When all of your accounts have moved on to one platform, you will be able to use the dropdown again.

However that will only be the case if the emails accounts are all merged under the same BT ID and haven't been gifted elsewhere.

Mean while you can still access your email account regardless of which system it is on if you log on using this link.

BT Email 

If you are using an email client/app you should have a read through this link and make the relevant changes if needed. It may be the case that you are already using the correct servers in which case there is nothing you need to change.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings

One of the reason that the BTYahoo email accounts are being moved on an account by account basis rather than by "all the users complete account"  is that not all of the  two millions plus accounts of the BTYahoo email accounts are necessarily still attached to the original BTBroadband account that they were set up on. Many have been "given" to relatives who in turn have had them associated to their own BTBroadband account plus many are no longer being used etc.

AlanF49
Contributor
Message 332 of 2,146

When I mail myself it goes to spam!!!

0 Ratings
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 333 of 2,146

OK many thanks. That seems to explain it. I was using the dropdown box and my sub email address was not listed there. I went into My BT then Manage emails and had to set up my sub address again. Had to reset my password for some reason. Anyway it seems I can access it now. Thanks, Ian
0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 334 of 2,146

Alan F   Then remove from spam and click not spam 🙄

0 Ratings
Radleykitten
Beginner
Message 335 of 2,146

I'm still having a nightmare with this new system.  Aside from being exceedingly slow, it wants to choose which emails I can open.

When new emails arrive I am unable to either click on them or double click on them.  An older message is highlighted further down the list, and no matter how many times I try, it will only open the older message.  I have the right preview pane selected if that makes any difference?  Thanks 

0 Ratings
Jondalar
Beginner
Message 336 of 2,146

It really is a disaster isn't it ?

I am gradually shifting away from BT Mail to my iCloud account and will eventually drop BT completely.  I  managed to get rid of their "broadband" internet connection by getting a 4G router which gives me 5 times the download speed that BT have ever managed to provide out here in the countryside.

It's a pity, as I am nostalgic about setting up my first ever internet connection with BT in 1992 and have been loyal to them ever since, up until this fiasco which is really the last straw.  How can you drop a load of useful features from a system and call it an 'upgrade' ?  Makes no sense.  And the awfully slow speed of response to every command makes it almost useless.

Using my BT Mail account on my iPhone is fine, as the iOS Mail app works fine and I don't have to wrestle with this tiresome webmail interface.  But overall it makes more sense to find better alternatives than BT Mail.

0 Ratings
federicobazz
Contributor
Message 337 of 2,146

I'm still wondering if somebody in BT is checking or reading all these Threads .

There are  thousands of complaints about the new system and they don't bother to take any action .

In a normal Company where people are paid to do business and keep the clients , this attitude is a recipe for chapter 11.

Unbelievable

Today, I wrote few e-mails to different contacts in my list and it took me for ever to find the right contact name : with the previous system , 1 second was the standard

Back to the last century of Technology.

Thanks BT

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 338 of 2,146

@Jondalar So if you use a mail app on your iPhone why do you 'wrestle with the tiresome webmail interface' on other devices?  Just use a mail client (app) and stop using webmail.

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 339 of 2,146

liquorice. Why do you keep pushing people to email clients ? Do VW salesman tell people to buy a Ford ?. People use a mail app on the phone so they don't have to log in to the computer to read mail. I would have thought that to be obvious.

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 340 of 2,146

I keep pushing mail clients because the problems people are having is due to the awful user interface of the new webmail which won't be encountered on a client. People seem happy to use apps on mobile devices but seem reluctant to use them on laptops/desktops for some reason.

If you want another analogy, using a Web Browser for email is akin to eating soup with a fork, it can be done but not very successfully. The right tool, a spoon, is far superior.

0 Ratings